UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

I have not seen any rejections so far here or on Reddit.

1 Like

Our D22 got into BHP program

1 Like

7 and nothing for engineering honors
what even was the point of applying by priority :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Congrats! S22 also got into Turing scholars. OOS.

5 Likes

are you in-state or OOS?

When did he interview?

What does D22 mean

D = daughter
22 = 2022 high school graduate

1 Like

I don’t know the answer for a fact, but If I had to guess I would say it falls on the rejected box.
What is clear to me is that even in the admitted groups for both in-state and OOS, there are “soft rejections” hidden, since many students don’t get admitted to their 1st choice of major (and sometimes not even their 2nd choice).

LOL- I thought S22 or D22 are just random acronyms people make up. Just learned that there is a scheme to that. So I should have said S22 in my post.

1 Like

Have there been any in-state rejections?

Also for CAP how many students that accept that program actually succeed - I.e. they go to the satellite UT, get their 3.7+, and continue on to UT-Austin. It seems like the number would realistically not be that high.

Edit: 3.2

Son was CAPed. Seriously considering as he did want an Econ Degree with a Business Minor (in hopes of an MBA after), and it looked like from his agreement, this was not an excluded major. Only thing that caught my eye was the requirement for UTSA to take 6 hours this summer. Wondering how many classes are online at UTSA in the summer and academic year and if all 30 hours must be UTSA hours?

Our letter said it was a 3.2. That’s very doable.

Yep, totally missed that. And true. But still have the same question - how many actually follow through?

CAP is in reject group.

I’ve seen a report that show that CAP students who come to UT end up with similar grades as those that weren’t auto admitted. Auto is slightly higher.

I’d guess over half successfully transfer. Some decide to stay at CAP school, some commute and can’t afford to move to Austin and some don’t succeed. My guess is based on 40-50% of A&M PSA students at Corpus and Stephenville moving to CSTAT. SA and Arlington may have higher success outcomes. They fill up quickly so maybe they have the most motivated students.

1 Like

I think it has to do with motivation, that is all. Quite a few of my son’s friends at A&M were PSA (Cap) and this year, they were all at A&M College Station. They all attended A&M CC freshman year. It’s not the path they wanted but at the end of the day, it’s where do you want a degree.

1 Like

Please double check closely . I know in past years economics was a restricted major from CAP.

still haven’t received the decision. and applied early action, it is normal for delay?

Does your MyStatus say that you qualified for Priority Admission? Our son’s page did, but I have heard from friends who were placed in regular decision because not all their documents came in by the Nov 1 deadline (like HS transcript). If it does say your application qualified for a priority decision, I think it is fair to give admissions a call given that the date was the end of Jan.

1 Like

I know, that is why I was surprised there is no mention of that this year that I have seen anywhere
curious if anyone has seen that