UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

We just learned she was accepted to the Moody Honors program as well.

She has a lot of schools she is still waiting to hear from regular decision and is on the Chapman waitlist for now. I wish she had been able to visit schools but COVID made things very difficult.

What made your own child decide definitively for Austin for film?

DS applied on Dec 1st. Received admission on Jan 26th into Neuroscience in CNS. He also applied to Plan II and Health Science Scholars (HSS) program. No word on those. Any idea when we can expect a response? Do they inform you either way? Thanks.

1 Like

My CNS daughter was also accepted last week. Her honors tab was updated Monday that she was not accepted into the HHS program, but her Plan II application status was updated to say that they are still reviewing her application and will have an answer no later than March 1.

Wow! Congratulations to your daughter on the honors program. That’s not an easy feat!

UT-Austin is the ideal choice for my daughter and our family for many reasons.

1. The Moody College of Communication is a T10 program. The resources (including access to top-notch faculty and equipment) and opportunities are tremendous. There are many courses unique to UT. Check out the cool classes on Jordan Peele’s films, Latinx films, East Austin stories, and Matthew McConaughey’s Script to Screen.
    2023 - Fall | Radio, Television and Film

2. In-state tuition. Ironically, the cost of housing is more than tuition for Texas residents.

3. We visit Austin several times a year. It’s her favorite city. So vibrant, artsy, and fun! She grew up attending SXSW and ACL festivals. Climate is also a factor. We visited the Chicago/Milwaukee schools last month. It was freezing and riding the El was a bit intimidating. So, Chicago is not her vibe.

Hopefully, you can visit Austin soon. Avoid mid-March unless you want to check out SXSW. The hotel prices will be expensive, but students can purchase a discounted film festival pass. Feel free to PM me. I am happy to give travel tips. My daughter can speak with your daughter as well.

2 Likes

Just received an email confirmation - my first Longhorn has a room at SRD :slight_smile: - so excited about her next adventure !!

4 Likes

Did anyone get into engineering honors yet?

Yay!! I lived at SRD for four years (1980-1984). I was in a sunroom on 1 West for the last three years. I just loved it. I’m envious! :slight_smile:

Super exciting! When did she send her paperwork?

My son was accepted last week and today received an email to check the mystatus page for important information. He can’t find anything that has changed or been posted. Did anyone else get this email today? If so, did you find anything there?

1 Like

I got that email and I was rejected last week lol. Nothing changed for me too

UT Admin office seems like unprofessional. It’s more like sending rejection notice twice.

4 Likes

What a crock. Had me rushing to MyStatus to see if anything had changed about CAP status . . . .

1 Like

Same for my daughter. So ridiculous to send one email last week to convey her rejection and another today to say an update has been made. Just confirming her rejection once again :rofl:. Good thing she’s thick skinned

2 Likes

Son was CAPed last week. We just got the “check status” email a few minutes ago. Checked MyStatus, absolutely nothing changed.

1 Like

My son received the same email, and also had been accepted last week. He also couldn’t find anything in there that looked different.

LHD was accepted to UT last week. We received the SRD contract on 2/1 and sent it back priority overnight. It arrived on 2/2 and we received the email confirmation today for a room & parking!

2 Likes

My OOS daughter had an interview a couple weeks ago, but hasn’t heard back yet

Same here. Utterly unprofessional. Having been through this with two kids, UT-Austin’s admissions office is a disastrous joke.

6 Likes

Same here. Kid is admitted to CS
We figured the email was alluding to the Turing decision. But there seems to be no change on the application.

My son was denied admission last Saturday after receiving an email to check his status. Then today he received an email from UT to check his status only to read the same denied admission message. Not sure what is going on at UT Admissions, but this sloppy on their part.

8 Likes