UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Composition major, haven’t received any update.

I believe you have to audition first for music acceptance. Separate Butler School of Music application was only due 12/8/21. Most audition dates are in January with notifications to come by March 1st.

Assuming you finished the second part of admission through AcceptD to submitted your portfolio and video. You can select the interview date in AcceptD portal and most likely it will be in January. Decision will come in March regardless submitting the university part of application before Nov 1st or regular deadline Dec 1st.

Yes, we selected Jan15th, but no confirmation from Buttler S of Music on the selected interview date.

Still application status is in Review

Status will change after all interview likely on March 1st. Good Luck!

Thank you

1 Like

Any idea what is happening at UT this year? Things have never gotten delayed so much. Is it sudden increase in competitiveness, desire to have fewer declines by delaying admission till after students have heard from other schools, short staffing due to COVID or what?

I’m having a hard time getting responses to ANY customer service matter. Companies that have always given me good service in the past are non-responsive. So I bet that staffing has something to do with it.

My guess is they’re flooded with applicants, as are many other schools. Test-optional made things crazy! But I can’t help but wonder what was the point of rushing to get my application in before the priority deadline if they’re just going to make me wait and wait and wait…all of my friends have already heard back. (Economics, government, math majors). It’s frustrating.

2 Likes

Your friends are auto right? Or you are also auto just waiting for admission to major?

Yes, son called, left message, emailed. No response.

My friends are all auto and I am also auto. They got their majors already, in Nov. I have better stats than them but I’m engineering, so I haven’t heard anything yet. (We are all in state) :frowning:

1 Like

Well engineering is much more competitive than COLA and CNS, so wait is normal.

3 Likes

When you click on the home icon on top right corner on the myStatus page, do you see a line of big square buttons like “CASH”, “What I Owe” … And what your RIS page says?
In the past, these were indications of impending admission acceptance.

1 Like

You aren’t alone… I know quite a few waiting for engineering and McCombs. Hopefully soon! Good luck!

2 Likes

Ah! Yes, the RIS and the amount due thing. If you see $200 you are in. But can still be in COLA…
Let’s not spoil it until end of January.
:smiley:

From 2025 message folder, it seems RIS says your major few days before status is updated on myStatus. Major specified on RIS is final. If it is COLA, it would not update until last few days of final decisions.

What is RIS?

2 Likes

Registration Information Section

Once to the “Registration Information Sheet” - are you able to see personal information under “Address Change” with option to update?