UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

I have applied for CS, so you can imagine I am not enjoying this either :slight_smile: Truly, many of us are in the same boat, have patience, together we will make it through.

3 Likes

If my RIS has my major and myUT says I owe $200, does that mean Iā€™m for sure in? I am an in-state auto for CS btw.

1 Like

If you have your major in RIS and you owe $200. Yes.
If not, it still doesnā€™t mean you donā€™t have it. Bursarā€™s office, registration, and admission are different tasks they need to process.

But then if RIS says ā€œCOLAā€ then the applicants got ā€œdumpedā€ to Liberal Art undeclared. Hope this year they donā€™t do this much.

Iā€™m confused about the $200 that keeps getting mentioned. Why would we owe anything at this point. My daughter has applied to more than just UT. If she is accepted at UT and decides to go elsewhere, does this mean that we owe UT $200 just because they offer her a spot?

That is the enrollment fee (deposit)

2 Likes

what does COLA mean?

College of Liberal Arts! These are your psychology, sociology, economics, and government majors.

Iā€™m a non-auto and applied in October. My first choice is bio, second is exercise science. Havenā€™t heard anything! Really hoping it comes out soon.

1 Like

Do you have information about your major in Registration Information Sheet? Just curious

are you auto admit?

nope

I wanna know if non auto applicants who have info in RIS also have 200 dollars to pay in what I owe

1 Like

You might be in the first wave of CS acceptance! Awesome

Heā€™s auto. So heā€™s in.

Not for CS, that is still holistic and tends to be very selective, us CS applicants are always on pins and needles.

2 Likes

are we thinking a wave this thursday or friday??

1 Like

$200 is the enrollment deposit for admits including auto.

do you have to have both in order to potentially have an acceptance?

My daughter applied Art with portfolio last year and got her acceptance in January. Though I believe this was early for Fine Arts.

I donā€™t knowā€¦ there was a person who got CAPped in February although Registration Information Sheet had his information a month ago in January. Iā€™m just worried I might get CAPped in mid January