UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Thank you for the information. Hoping for something. :smiley:

Nobody heard anything tonight right?

Nothin new here…

My D22’s friend got admitted to CS (CNS) on Friday I believe. He is USACO platinum level. This is OOS (California)

Once again UT posted a cryptic message on social media “implying” something impending. I track all my colleges and only UT seems to do such teasing that leads to speculations and even incorrect information here and on Reddit.

5 Likes

May I ask what cryptic message you are referring to?

The most recent post - to me - just seemed to explain the process. But, I did not read it as implying anything. UT Austin Admissions on Instagram: "You applied to #BeALonghorn! Maybe you've already been admitted, but chances are you're still waiting to hear back. Wondering what's happening in the meantime? Every single application we receive gets a holistic review, so take a deep breath and know that we're cheering for you!🤘 Students who qualify for automatic admission are reviewed to determine admission to specific colleges, schools and majors. Apps from students who are not eligible for automatic admission are reviewed to determine overall admissibility and to determine admission to specific colleges, schools and majors. Factors considered during the holistic review process include: class rank, strength of academic background, record of achievements, special accomplishments, work, service both in and out of school, essays, special circumstances that put the applicant’s academic achievements into context, recommendations (if applicable) and competitiveness of the major to which the student applies. For more information about our holistic review process, visit the link in our bio."

1 Like

I interpreted their most recent social media post as an explanation (excuse) for why they have been so slow to release admission notifications. Regardless of their intent, you’re not alone in feeling frustrated by UT Admissions.

2 Likes

You clearly didn’t apply to Drexel if you think that’s teasing.

Transfers were just accepted in, maybe that’s it.

Son received an email for an interview for Texas McCombs Canfield Business Honors Program (CBHP) but his portal doesn’t show him being accepted to McCombs yet! Anyone else have similar situation?

Is he auto admit? When did he get the email ?

He is auto admit. Got the email after 9:00 PM today.

1 Like

Similar.Got Canfield interview Thanksgiving week before regular admit.
McCombs admit on 12/15.

2 Likes

So only McCombs admit but no notification of BHP? When do they notify you?

Congrats to him. When did he submit his application?

Congratulations.

Couple of follow up questions

1. Are you out of state?
  2. Did you apply before Nov 1?
  3. You got an interview for honors program around Thanksgiving and an admit to McCombs on 12/15?

Meant to address it to atx2

My daughter received an interview for BHP. Mail received this morning 9am CT. OOS.

1 Like

Does anyone think there’s any chance that non auto admits will hear some news before Jan 1?