UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

The university is closed from the 24th until the 2nd of January so it doesn’t look like it. But there will probably be a huge wave shortly after that, since priority decisions release by February 1st.

Has anyone heard any scholarship info? When do they send out invites for the 40 acres? What about other scholarships? When are those awarded? I’m under the impression that the university of Texas gives no money.

UT Austin does give rare scholarships besides the Forty Acres. My 2024 son received a full ride Cockrell Engineering scholarship. He didn’t apply separately. Just checked honors engineering on his application. He missed the Forty Acres deadline! Now we’re waiting to find out for my 2026 son for Forty Acres.

He found out about the scholarship mid-February, the same time he was informed that he was accepted into honor engineering.

1 Like

Anyone hear anything about LAH releasing today? They said they try to release before winter break and today would be the last day.

1 Like

Did it cover room and board? I’ve only seen tuition plus books besides the 40 Acres and need-based full rides.

Merit based, it covers everything for all fours years plus some spending money.

2 Likes

Since UT rarely gives a full ride, I called the financial aid office to make sure we weren’t misreading the offer. They said it’s one of the rare full engineering full rides and we should be proud of our son as well as pat ourselves on the back for a job well done! He wasn’t val or sal, was top 6% and National Merit semifinalist with usual amount of extracurricular activities and leadership positions.

4 Likes

What need based full rides have you seen?

Terry Foundation, eg. I believe there is one other but I’m blaming on the name right now.

1 Like

Did any nonauto got holiday email from UT?

1 Like

Yes. But also still no decision.

Yes, got holiday email but still no decision.

2 Likes

Me too. I got the email- nothin in my portal. We prolly won’t get anything until January once they open back up

I wonder if they send holiday emails to all applicants

1 Like

I too received holiday email, not only from UT Austin but from many other schools. Such emails are not related to the admission chances.

3 Likes

yes, although I only know of myself and another

I’m assuming every applicant got the holiday email. Does anyone know of anyone that didn’t?

3 Likes

Yes

Were both of you auto-admit?