UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Not auto admit and waiting for results but got holiday email.

Not auto admit and did not get holiday email

I am OOS (and not auto admit) and got the holiday email.

Son is auto admit to IR in SOLA. Waiting on Plan2. Got many emails over holidays
once again today urging him to accept.

1 Like

Has anybody received invites to interview for BHP or Texas CSB? I believe they had started interviewing candidates in December last year.

My son (auto admit) had an interview on Monday though he has yet to be accepted to McCombs!

4 Likes

That has to be a good sign, I am guessing he applied for BHP, correct?

Yes

1 Like

yes

I had a BHP interview the week of Thanksgiving. Haven’t heard anything yet.

Thanks Ka5mbh, seems they are running behind across the board this year.

Notified of acceptance to BHP yesterday. No email or anything just checked my portal.

5 Likes

when did you hear about your acceptance to McCombs(if you are autoadmit)?

what did they ask in the interview and what were your stats/EC’s?

Has anyone heard anything from the Forty Acres Scholarship?

Dec. 15th

Asked pretty standard stuff in the interview (Why major, Why UT, Working in a team environment, etc.)

1 Like

My S has applied for fall 2022 freshman as ECE (1st choice) and CS (2nd choice) as early Action.
In state
Not an auto admit
Non ranking HS ; 6A school
3.7 NW GPA
1440 SAT
4 yrs band, 2 instruments, section leader of 20person section
6 APs including AP CS, AP Physics I+II, AP Chem
100+ hours community service

I am looking through this thread and it seems impossible for him to obtain acceptance into either ECE or CS.

Will UT admit him and offer him an alternative major ?

There is a chance of getting COLA, or CAP which your son will have no issue getting to COLA. But then of course your son may not want COLA at all.
Depends on whether you have 5s in those AP classes, there may be a chance for ECE. Some CNS majors may be easier to get in but I don’t think UT will move students that way.

2 Likes

If you are not auto admit , UT only looks at your first choice major ( even though it lets you list a 2nd choice major , they only look at it if you were auto admit and don’t get first choice ) . Your student is most likely to get a CAP offer 
 which only works if you are wanting an eventual Liberal Arts major .

My understanding is that UT does not review for alternative major unless you are auto admit ( ex if you are auto and don’t get 1st or 2nd , they offer you COLA, but if you are non auto and don’t get 1st choice they offer CAP if you are in state )