UT Austin class of 2026 admissions

Does anyone know if there will be another wave of auto-admit admissions? (Particular for McCombs)

2 Likes

Hi there. In addition to my son that just got into CS, I have a nephew that is waiting on McCombs as well. Obviously no one can guarantee anything, but his mother spoke with us today and informed us that many of his classmates haven’t heard either. He is in SE Houston suburbs. Seems a combo of auto and non auto are still waiting.

There is no logic to who gets admitted by when it seems. Being a BHP candidate it would appear that your admission is only a matter of time.

Thanks for letting me know. I live in that area too actually!

1 Like

He is in Friendswood if that helps. No clue how big yesterday’s wave was, but it seems so many people are still waiting.

1 Like

When does Canfield BHP stop scheduling interviews? If you have not heard by now, can you assume won’t happen?

1 Like

Congratulations to all who have heard their acceptances.

For those asking about OOS, the release date is February 1st. I wouldn’t expect to hear a decision much before that, and if it were before that, I would assume it would only be the Friday beforehand. OOS applicants are evaluated against OOS applicants (and I assume they are evaluated after TX applicants). What I am seeing from this thread is auto-admits (for the most part) finding out their decisions in specific majors.

It is hard to wait
and it is so nice to see so many passionate kiddos with great achievements hopeful of UT Austin admission. Best of luck to you all. You are all great kiddos. Don’t stress yourselves too much; you will know your decision soon, and if it isn’t until February 1st
well, that’s not too far away.

8 Likes

Yes, I had a BHP interview in November and got into McCombs yesterday. My BHP application is still under review.

1 Like

My son has SAT 1550, top 4% of his class, unweighted GPA 4.0/4.0, weighted GPA 5.52/5.0, Independent Study in Data Science in Junior and Senior year, lot of leadership activities but still waiting for CS major. He got selected in Mayor’s Youth Council in October last year after applying to UT Austin so he couldn’t mention it in the application. Can he update his application now and will it help in getting CS?

1 Like

Is he in state or OOS? It seems the competition is stronger for OOS applicants for CS. Never hurts to try but it may be a question of how far along they are on CS decisions and their willingness to consider new factors.

He is instate, has done research internship also last summer. It seems that only top 1or 2% of class gets CS.

1 Like

Ditto. Manual admit (non-auto), in state, Biology
 Still wating

1 Like

Seems like his chances are very good. I don’t know how much they weigh class rank either. There is really no logic to how they roll out admission decisions so perhaps notification will come soon. I would recommend calling the Admissions Office to see if there is a possibility new awards can be uploaded and considered. It certainly can’t hurt to ask.

The student can upload “Miscellaneous Admissions Document” under Document Upload System in the portal. Would not hurt to upload the awards there. I had to do a media portfolio for MIT so asked admission officers at a few other places I applied if I can provide the same to them. Some said yes and took it, some said no.

1 Like

CS was my #1 choice and MechE was #2. So, I had applied to Natural Science honors and Turing, and Engineering honors. Now that I am accepted into CS, will they ignore my Engineering honors application? Thank you.

Mine says “last updated 1/16/2022” and there is fall 2022 in the drop down menu, but I’m still under review and I can’t see anything for my major yet?

I’m non-auto, I’m-state for bio too! I haven’t heard of anyone getting accepted for bio

My S is auto admit, in state, top 1%, BHP Interview the week of 12/22 - Mccombs confirmed on Friday 1/14. No BHP decision yet.

1 Like

I posted details few mins ago.

Thanks, my son asked Mayor’s Youth Council to see if they will provide a certificate of being council member. He is a National Merit Scholar Semifinalist too. All these with 1550 SAT, top 4%, 15 APs, summer research internship, ISM in 11th and 12th is not helping him get CS in UT. Not sure what they are looking for.

2 Likes