UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Or only deferrals?

1 Like

My son who interviewed for BHP in mid Jan has been deferred till March 1

Or just make something up and put it in the appeal. You’ve already been either rejected or not going there because you didn’t get in the major, what do you have to lose?

1 Like

UT doesn’t have to show the love because with in-state tuition and program reputation they don’t have to. Think they do a little better though once you hit campus as a Freshman. For every kid that passes on say McCombs, there are 3 more to take their place. Go on to some A&M boards, many feel the same way about them and talk about how great say Auburn shows their kids the love, merit money, etc. - its because they have to in order to get the better kids from Texas there. Harsh reality, even for kids who get in, much of this is a numbers game. And the reality is that UT could fill up most programs there with all top 1-2% 1450+ SAT kids but they do look at the apps and make some sort of call on kids for reasons that are not very clear to the outside (every parent speculates - she had “great essays”) without knowing what put their kid in the acceptance offer pile.

1 Like

Not true, I was accepted into ECB but rejected from the engineering honors scholarships.

1 Like

Yes, my son met the priority deadline but got this update earlier in the week:

Thank you for submitting your application to The University of Texas at Austin and your interest in Business Honors! Given the number of applications we’ve received and the increasing demand for some programs, we find that we must complete an additional review of your application before making a final decision.

We will do everything we can to provide a decision notification efficiently and no later than March 1. Thank you for your patience and interest in UT Austin!

Check the Admission tab for information about the current status of your application for general admission to the university.

Have any one of you (OOS) been confirmed for Turing scholarship or denied? Mine still shows under review

1 Like

Congratulations to All. D23 also got admitted to into the honors ECE class with a full scholarship. Though undecided on MIT and GA Tech

9 Likes

My daughter’s portal too! It was fine yesterday morning.

2 Likes

I guess we will have to call on Monday

1 Like

Engineer honor program or ECE honor program

Priority submission - both first and second choice decisions deferred till March 1. Anybody else in a similar situation?

We got auto-admit in Liberal Arts, not in any of our first two choices (Business and ECE). Thinking to appeal. Is it a good idea to appeal in business or ECE or try to switch to something less competitive in Engineering or even Maths.
We like Business > ECE > Mechanical Engg > Maths in that order.

Appeal needs new information not in original application.

Your original essay A ties to Business or ECE?

If you got LIberal arts - you can try Econ if business is your first choice. They have a BEOP program which is very good.

1 Like

Blockquote

Additionally, your outstanding academic record has qualified you to participate in the Cockrell School of Engineering Honors Program.

Blockquote

Is there a difference?

Congratulations!you got engineering honor program,it’s school wide honor program,ECE honor program is departmental honor program.

Come on Moody! Other colleges are mostly done by now. Ugh.
The application for current students to apply to Moody Honors is now open.

Applications are due on February 24 at 12 p.m. CT

Unless they only hold open a certain number of spots for current students, recently admitted students who applied to Honors will be waiting a WHILE.

It still didn’t work so we changed the password to recommended 16 digit
 I think I read somewhere like Reddit? Now it’s working.

Edited to add: the portal I screenshot on the day of the admission decisions (1/30) had “Change/Upgrade your UID Password” under To Do tab. After we reset the password this morning, it disappeared.

1 Like

For future reference, because I know someone from next year will come here looking for whether changes in the RIS is a hint for acceptance, after polling my son’s friends, the RIS changed for some who were accepted and others who were CAP’ed. And still others who had CAP never saw a change in RIS. So it didn’t mean anything after all.

3 Likes