UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Yes; it’s confusing. Ppl are saying they got and email specific to their majors (including her major) but she didn’t and the admissions center said they don’t do them.

2 Likes

Does anyone have any info on Terry Scholarship?

AFAIK, Deans & HSS are mutually exclusive. Not sure about Polymath. I think it provides option to select the programs. It is disabled if its mutually exclusive.

2 Likes

I called and they let me know that they only have the tours that are currently offered online. No special day/event for admitted students. It would be so helpful for my daughter if they had something like that as other colleges have!

When was your BHP interview?

3 Likes

I totally agree. Right now my D is leaning towards her other top university bc she got to do a visit and had two 1:1 sit downs with professors and a senior ambassador who spoke to her about her major. It’s hard to make such an important commitment based on university ranking, flagship status and everyone else wanting to attend. There is no doubt that UT is a great school, but a hard sell when other universities really show you the love.

2 Likes

When my older son (HS class of 2018) was accepted to UT, he was invited that spring for an admitted student visit. He had friends invited to the same one, and other friends invited to another one. It seemed to be divided up by college. So, I guess UT does have (or at least has had) admitted student visits, but only by invitation. Not sure if every admitted student got an invite. It’s possible things have not gotten back to normal post-Covid.

1 Like

Does anyone have any advice on how to write an appeal letter? I’m planning on appealing for CS (got CAP’d) and I’m not sure how to format it and exactly what to include.

Has to have new information for consideration. Do not include anything in the original application.

Can I include stuff that I included in my honors application (which i don’t think got reviewed bc i wasn’t offered my major) like projects i’ve been working on, etc

Yes you can.

1 Like

Congratulations! Tough decisions to make now, UT or TAMU?

2 Likes

Is anyone else having issues trying to log into the portal? I keep getting “Authentication Failed”. Any ideas, why?

My son was denied honors last night.
So does it mean he no longer is eligible for any departmental scholarships from Cockrell.

That just means depending on freshmen GPA, sophomore can apply for scholarships.

2 Likes

So shouldn’t have any hope this year, right :blush:

1 Like

This will may have need based grant if you file FAFSA.

Do they give any?
He is OOS in every state( has been living abroad), though a born Texan.
Tough decision to choose from his other options.
Well , thanks for the info

How does the decisions on university honors for engineering and departmental honors get decided. Wouldnt it be natural that someone who gets engg honors would also get departmental honors like ECE or will one student get only one honors

3 Likes

Has anyone actually been rejected from BHP?

1 Like