UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

I have a junior Longhorn in the BS in Econ (transferred from CS major). Very good quantitative major, but very math heavy. There is a BA option if its too much math and Econ does have special McCombs minor options & she can take classes with McCombs students as part of that minor. We thought about it but he went for the Applied Stats certificate instead. Good luck! My S23 got accepted in Chemistry, but is considering his many options so I understand!

1 Like

My D received her acceptance letter/packet in the mailbox today. It finally feels official. Hook ‘em Horns :metal:

2 Likes

What are the job propsects of BS in Econ students who did a minor at McCombs? Do they get to utilize the job/intern opportunities through McCombs + COLA?

How does the BS in Economics from UT rank amongst other top schools? Any thoughts?

I think the opportunities would be the same. My older son is in McCombs and I have seen the job descriptions of the positions that he applies for via Handshake and they list multiple majors (Finance, Econ, Math) for the type of jobs that he is applying for. If interested in Finance and Accounting, the Econ dept has a BEOP option which is worth checking out.

1 Like

Not fully committed to UT yet, but I’m doing some research into housing, does anyone know what the roommate selection for the Dobie Twenty21 housing is like?

3 Likes

What are the chances of getting into Turing if deferred ? Thanks

Are BHP sending out any new interview requests?

1 Like

Probably close to zero - last year it doesn’t seem they accepted any deferred applicants.

My son emailed his contact at UT about 10 days ago. They said interviews are on-going until final decisions are released.

1 Like

Thanks for that info. I wonder why they defer them then?

My son interviewed in Mid Jan, deferred till March 1st so still awaiting his BHP decision. He heard that another student at his school got an interview request today, so they are still sending out requests for interviews.

3 Likes

I was let know that I was accepted today as an international. Is that indicative of something good?

when do you think deferred cns honors decisions come out?

It indicates that you were accepted, which is good. Not sure what else you were expecting.

the housing application is not letting me pay via credit card. does anyone else have this problem? or is housing already full

Any news yet? Good luck! This admissions process is a mystery but hope this helps:
4.28 Weighted GPA
Applied SAT test optional
STEM and leadership high school that doesn’t rank, took all possible AP/honors courses
Took AET-related courses all 4 years of high school
Wrote, directed, and edited 2 short films using school’s professional equipment, did a hand-drawn animated short (group project)
Internship at local firm
Summer academy in nyc, awarded partial scholarship to attend
Research assistant for 2 different funded research studies conducted at UT (2 diff professors)
Hundreds of volunteer/community service hours
Band leadership, national-level performance
International leadership and service educational trips through school program, visited 27 countries
Essays focused on overcoming a major hardship that occurred during high school, leadership experiences, and described very specifically how UT will help her achieve her AET-related future goals.

In my experience they are very good about advising because they understand that undergrads need help - they require the students to come in person for advising appointments and you see the same advisor every time so you develop a relationship with them. The best thing about UT is that there are so many opportunities and things going on that you can hardly walk across campus to class without making an important connection.

Does anyone have any idea what’s taking Moody Honors College so long to make a decision?? Looking back to past years, they notified applicants around Feb. 1st. I guess they’re waiting on the current student applications window to close this year. If our daughter gets in, I hope there’ll be honors housing left for her. :disappointed:

My son was notified today that he was admitted to BHP. (phew
 sigh of relief). He had interviewed in mid Jan. One of his other friends, who interviewed this week also was admitted to BHP today. It looks like they released some BHP decisions today.

3 Likes

It’s sooooooo annoying. Current students have until the end of next week to SUBMIT! I don’t think we’ll find out until MARCH. Which is ridiculous especially since other honors colleges have already finished and since we are also waiting to compare apples to apples with other schools. (I saw someone say that they only add 10 current so why not just let the others in at this point. Ugh.)