UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Also, you’re not even guaranteed honors housing which is a big draw for us so am feeling like we won’t even wind up here in the end.

Congratulations! Are the BHP decisions notified via email?

Yes… first he got an email and then his portal was updated after a few hours

1 Like

any chance for honors to release on wknds?

Some Canfield BHP decisions were notified on Friday. Not sure about any other honors. Another student at my son’s school was asked for a CBHP interview, so it looks like they are still interviewing and may have some spaces.

Still waiting on Human Ecology Honors (HANS) for my D and her friend

Does UT offer any need based aid to OOS students ?
And if not does appealing helps?

1 Like

Hi @SFifa , can I DM you ? My kid is USCitizen as well, but studying international. I had a question about this.

Sure

1 Like

Need based for instate or OOS count heavily on FAFSA data. They will make it work when you truly reveal your financial situation.

3 Likes

Thank you
They have all the information.
Hoping for the best

1 Like

has anyone gotten an email for the Terry Scholarship interview yet?

1 Like

Probably next week.

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can appeal if you were denied? My daughter (who is a junior at another school) said she heard from several college kids that is one way OOS kids get in.

I was told you can appeal if you have significant new information.
One can talk to the Admission officer first before submitting an appeal.

1 Like

This thread was giving me so much anxiety before I got my decision.

Male OOS: admitted into the liberal arts honors college!
Major: economics

GPA: 3.89 UW 4.96W Top 2% of my class
SAT: 1490 and National Merit Commended

I was a 2 year Varsity Captain, President of 3 clubs, had the highest leadership positions my school could offer, I also did A LOT of political work outside of the classroom and led a national organization.

My 3 UT essays focused on how I’d use my political experience along with my time and education @ UT to my make a tangible difference in the world, specifically through reforming healthcare through public policy and economic analysis.

I really hope an underclassman looks at this comment and if you are here is my 2 cents of this whole process: Focus on getting good grades and scores but don’t kill yourself over them. If you get one question wrong on the SAT or get an A- in a class don’t worry. I was a primarily A/A- student and I couldn’t manage to get an A+ in anything. I’ve found so much more success in the college admissions process because instead of wasting countless hours to push for a little bump of an A+ or an extra 10 points on the SAT, I studied hard and tried my best and then focused on my passions. I took pride in my ECs throughout high school and I truly made the most of them. I formed a strong bond with my recommenders and let my personality shine, in and out of the classroom and I made the most out of my high school experience while keeping my college applications in mind.

4 Likes

Some people on Reddit today said they got invited to interview, but you never know with Reddit if they’re being honest or not.

Congratulations! Regarding your political experience - did you disclose the political party of who your interned or worked for in your applications?

@spacecoffee470 Email came yesterday 2/21 morning.

1 Like

Good luck! We’re still waiting. It doesn’t seem like anyone got any letters today.