UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

I heard that rejections come out in a big wave after the acceptances… so possibly at the very end of Jan or early Feb. (based on previous cycles)

1 Like

My son got invited for an interview on Mon (1/9/23) - so they are still interviewing.

2 Likes

Are youll OOS?

No, Instate

1 Like

would you mind sharing your sons stats?

What school did your son apply to?

Mccombs

What is his class rank?

Auto Admit, Top 1.5%, SAT 1530, Eagle Scout, School JV and Varsity team,

2 Likes

Good question. I think CBHP applicant will continue to be interviewed through January. My son is top 1.5% auto-admit, 1530 SAT, solid ECs, solid essays, he has still not heard from McCombs and still not received an interview invitation from CBHP. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Got CBHP admission letter and invitation to its admitted students session on March 25th. So early March still has admission released, I guess. UT admission in rolling, be patient and good luck to you all.

4 Likes

Do you remember when you were contacted about your CBHP interview?

Early December

2 Likes

My son is also waiting for a decision, we are OOS. I see mention of interviews, does UT admissions conduct interviews with applicants? My son applied to McCombs.
Thank you!

UT admissions does not conduct interviews. Some honors programs (CSB, BHP, Turing) do conduct interviews, some programs more often than others.

3 Likes

Does anyone think OOS EA decisions could come out tomorrow or later in the month?

1 Like

Can be any time on or before Feb 1st. There is no specific date each year.

Have any non autos been accepted to computer science yet

Has anyone received notice of semi-finalist interviews for the Forty Acres Scholarship?

Around what percentage of the overall acceptances will find out tomorrow? Will there be any denials/caps? And what are the chances it’s actually tomorrow?

2 Likes