UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

are the reddit posts claiming that there is no wave today because the admissions officers they called said decisions would be coming out jan 27-feb 1 true

2 Likes

Could be, but they aren’t always right. When you call, you aren’t actually usually speaking to the people in charge of admissions, so who knows. No way of telling

2 Likes

I tend to agree with @sneedem. With that 36ACT and 5s on those APs, should not be difficult to explain the rank issue for a competitive high school.
You may hear many top 1-2% applicants got rejected by CS, but those likely without the prepareness like your student. And also their essay doesn’t convince UT enough that they are not treating UT as backup school.

1 Like

Are they really not gonna release decisions today? And did anyone here personally actually call and ask? Because a lot of people always ■■■■■ on reddit so just making sure

I think they are lying bc Ut wouldn’t just tell them, if they tell them they would tell everyone.

3 Likes

My daughter just got an email that she was selected as a
semifinalist!

5 Likes

nothing yet mccombs oos

who said that

Sophomore in moody here- I heard back at like 7 or 8 est

4 Likes

nothing yet in state non auto

1 Like

my college counselor called the admissions number and they said they aren’t releasing anything until on feb 1st. not quite sure how accurate this is and im hoping it comes out earlier. what do u all think?

i don’t think they’d release everything on feb 1. they always release it in waves. ur counselor probs just heard it’s by feb 1 and said that

2 Likes

thats what i thought too cuz in prior years they’ve never done it all on one day

2 Likes

Next friday sounds more likely than February 1st. I’ve never heard of them doing it exactly on February 1st.

2 Likes

yeah and usually the rejections are sent out on feb 1 (and a few acceptances) so they need to send out an acceptance wave before that

Nada. In state, non auto.

1 Like

My daughter got an email about the Forty Acres today

3 Likes

Nothing here, in state non-auto

Guess we’ll be waiting another week.

1 Like

Sometimes they don’t come out until 7 pm.

2 Likes

It’s looking like another bust. :frowning_face:

4 Likes