UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

So annoying! I wish we just knew. Hopefully next week​:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

I just saw someone on reddit get in!!! might be a ■■■■■ but this person has a lot of posts and comments and they seem pretty legit

1 Like

I saw that but if you go to their comments one of theirs says they got into psych in december and business last year so they are not telling the truth I don’t think, but maybe.

2 Likes

Shaking my fist at UT!

2 Likes

Actually I think the problem is not using scores. MIT and Georgia Tech went back to requiring scores bec for the few years that they didn’t, those kids didn’t do so well bec of inflated GPAS.

4 Likes

i’m holding out hope for 8pm…. or does that never happen?

been really disappointed by the lack of communication
ut austin now my last early app. after deferred from cornell, uchicago, and usc lmao

3 Likes

I have heard that most schools recalculate and normalize GPA, so that they can compare kids across all the different GPA scales like 4.0, 5.0, 100 etc. They also look at the school profile to get a better understanding of where they stand in their school

Has any auto admit heard from Mccombs?

2 Likes

it seems UTCS result is out.

It’s not out - where’d you hear this? Are you confusing Turing with UTCS?

UT CS? As in Comp Sci? Or something else?

Is Turing out? If they give that, then it means you have to be in for CS.

More details please

i don’t think all cs decisions are out at all. they probs meant turing which admitted some people (but definitely not all the turing scholars yet)

1 Like

Sounds like the calls to the admissions folks were somewhat accurate. Decisions will be released between yesterday and Feb. 1. Still technically true lol!

This is cruel.

2 Likes

My son got in to Mccombs. He was auto admit to UT and got into Mccombs in mid Dec

3 Likes

Do PACE admits get acceptance package, orientation, and everything as normal admits would get?

2 Likes

what do you guys think will happen now? will they just send acceptances and rejections next friday or will it be just acceptances or will the acceptance wave come earlier in the week? anyone’s input is welcome. @FriscoDad do you have any ideas? Thank you so much