UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Anyone has CSB admission?

I agree completely about the engineering resources, research and faculty at HYP as compared to UT Austin, Texas A&M and most other state flagships. Itā€™s just not comparable.

1 Like

Congratulations to your son! Would you mind sharing his stats? Is he auto admit?

Instate, Auto-admit, 1530 SAT, Top 1.5% rank

1 Like

I saw there were like 40 unread posts here and thought they released decisions for a second :sob::sob:

1 Like

Nahā€¦but I think my anxiety is getting to me.

1 Like

A friendā€™s kid from California went to Princeton for aerospace engineering. Internships at Blue Origin (Seattle) and Firefly (Austin). Assume thatā€™s comparable to UT especially for Firefly.

Overall, Cornell engineering seems more comparable to UT, and Cornell greater than HYP due to course breadth and challenge.

2 Likes

If Texas releases any decisions today, what time do we think they will come out? I canā€™t remember what the earlier responses in this thread said in past years. Thank you.

5-7PM CST. They release an email right at 7 then.

1 Like

Most say between 5:00 and 7:00. When my daughter got hers a couple of years ago, she got an email closer to 2:00pm CDT.

1 Like

I donā€™t think there will be a way tn tbh. Just because of all the phone calls theyā€™d get? I hope Iā€™m wrong though!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been hopeful every possible day it could come out so now Iā€™m just going to put it in my mind as Friday or Feb 1 for my anxieties sakešŸ˜‚

2 Likes

thank you! is that mostly for instate?

I honestly donā€™t know if CAP is mainly instateā€¦ Anyone else know?

CAP is only instate

1 Like

(I think)

From the UT admissions Twitter handle:

We want to see how you react when you become a Longhorn! Record your excitement and DM it to us to be featured on our social media!

#UT27 #GoneToTexas #BeALonghorn

9 Likes

I wonder if this could be a sign that admissions might come tonight :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Praying that the wait is over soonā€¦

Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t know anything about how admissions to BHP really works. This is my oldest so we havenā€™t been through this before, but I think I saw on some other threads (or maybe this one?) that some students have already had BHP interviews and some, I think, have been admitted to BHP. I think admission to McCombs probably comes before being considered by BHP, though, and the reason I speculate that is because we heard back about his admission first and then a day or two later learned about his Plan II honors acceptance. So Iā€™m guessing Honors departments donā€™t receive candidatesā€™ info until after admission to the university. But I could be wrong, so someone else who knows more can chime in. Best of luck to you!!!

3 Likes