UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

feeling so much better, thank u so much

1 Like

Actually not exactly true. For people that are looking every minute, the first thing that will show up is asking you for a $200 deposit to accept your admission. That might show up 10-15 minutes before you get an official notice of acceptance.

3 Likes

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Just jumping on to say, IT’S BEEN JANUARY FOR 9 YEARS!!! Good luck to all those that are waiting tonight or whenever it happens. :relaxed:

8 Likes

where does that show up?

2 Likes

Is it coming out tonight??

1 Like

I can’t remember if its the dashboard or the tab under “Admission” but it does show up first (or at least it did a couple of years ago for many of the accepted students). The bad data and other goofy stuff isn’t an indicator. Obviously the school will not ask for a deposit from a student who is not accepted.

2 Likes

this website says there was a wave last year Jan 28th

1 Like

Sorry posted this in irrelevant group

from the site:

• Friday January 29, 2021 730PM (Central): UT released their final batch of acceptances to OOS and non-autos, around a dozen of my clients got in.

• Monday, Februrary 1, 2021 6PM: AllCAP and OOS rejections go out; nobody gains admission. It was a blood bath.

• Some honors programs released admissions offers after February 1 even for students who applied by the November 1 priority deadline.

I applied for both regular and honors before the priority deadline. Comparing last year to this year’s results, is it looking like I’ll have to wait until the regular decision?!

1 Like

Trying this question again in case anyone knows – Does the Arts and Entertainment Technologies major release decisions by Feb 1st if you met the priority submission deadline? I see some people got their decisions before Feb 1st last year but other comments say that the college does not participate in priority decisions.

Regular decision comes on or before March 1st.

CAP decisions only went out on Feb 1st or Jan 31st for those application completed on or before priority date.

What % are accepted, deferred, rejected for EA?

1 Like

The data is skewed as students rank top 6% are automatically (100%) accepted (but over 2500 of autos don’t get their majors as “soft-declined”)

Holistic applied before priority deadline acceptance rate hovered around 12.5% last two cycles. Note that majors have wide range, competitive majors can be 0.6%, non-competitive majors can be 38%.

1 Like

Is this fake?!

I can’t post the image of this photo but I want y’all to see it.

What is it?

It might be a meme or a “■■■■■” from my friends at UT.
But here is what the image says :

“Due to unforseen circumstances, we will not be accepting any new students this year.
UT is a university driven for exellence and strives for students who will change the world.
We extend an apology to all class of 2027 students for the inconvience.”

Anyways, I think this is a meme because there are words in here misspelled lol

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think that real.

1 Like

That’s a meme, it’s not real