UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

jeez. 12.5%? let’s hope for the best here.

1 Like

I have read that Fine Arts can be in February but my non-auto in state AET major found out he was admitted on 1/29/2021. That was a Friday, so it would be like today this year.

2 Likes

Last year, CAPs/ rejections went out the evening of January 28th.

Thank you!

Which majors would be around 0.6% and 38%? Where’d you learn about these numbers, please share, very interesting to find out

2 Likes

Haven’t been on this thread for about a year, but just jumping in to say that RIS was a pretty accurate indicator of admissions last year. Everyone I know who had their data filled out was admitted, and those who didn’t were rejected. I myself didn’t have my data filled as an auto admit, and I was put into undeclared (basically a soft reject). I had to appeal for my major later on.

1 Like

Were you instate & autoadmit or OOS?

I was in state auto (top 6). Didn’t even know OOS auto-admit was a thing

What was your major?

It’s not.

2 Likes

Not true at all. Many students who were accepted did not have RIS filled out until the minute they were accepted. Our son checked all the time, and it was empty until his status changed to accepted. Same thing for his friends. No need to panic for those who don’t have major or deposit info.

8 Likes

what is RIS? I know it was mentioned way back in this thread… but I cant find it…

Idk, were y’all in state? This was true for literally everyone at my school

Registration Information Sheet. I don’t remember exactly, but I think it was easy to find when students logged into the portal to check their status.

These students were all OOS.

So RIS was an indicator for in-state students last year based on what you saw at your school? How many folks are we talking about regarding the RIS data being present or not?

about 10 autos and 20-30 non autos. I will say, 1 or 2 people had their data filled out from taking HS classes at UT (some schools offer a co-enrollment program), but they ended up being rejected. So if you’ve already registered with UT for classes during high school, RIS isn’t the best indicator. Otherwise, from my experience it’s been 100% accurate.

is it coming out tonight?

i agree i think that if ur RIS is filled out then that means you will be accepted. BUT if it’s not filled out, that doesn’t mean you’ll get rejected. Only take it as a positive indication

2 Likes

I think these are all speculations. My daughter got accepted early to USC and in the forum a lot of people were saying if you have this on the portal or that you will be accepted, and she had none but was accepted. I will be positive and hope for the best for her for UT as she is auto admit but her RIS sheet shows nothing.

3 Likes