UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

maybe there is hope it comes out at 7? but nothing from this year has been like last year

2 Likes

Did you get in ED CMU?

3 Likes

No changeā€¦ Iā€™m gonna assume it will like when my other applied back in 2017 for 2018ā€¦ mid feb and by that time we visited a competitor campus during student orientation and went in that direction. Iā€™m still holding out hope because we would not consider an alternative pathway a rejectionā€¦ just a rest stop along the way to get to the final destination.

2 Likes

At this point, I think we all have better odds at guessing the Mega Millions Lottery numbers, then guessing the date UT is going to send out notices. LOL

11 Likes

Nothing yetšŸ˜Ÿ

2 Likes

Omg. This is nuts. Even UMich came out at expected time!

3 Likes

Itā€™s odd I feel like it would come out tonight. What do you guys think?

1 Like

while I want it to come out tonight so badly, I have a feeling it wonā€™t

3 Likes

itā€™s actually so rude!

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure what is meant by ā€œexpected timeā€. They have said all along that the announcement would be no later than Feb 1. Isnā€™t that still on deadline?

1 Like

Iā€™m just annoyed they posted that twitter post on Tuesday and itā€™s Friday and still nothing

7 Likes

8pm est maybe?

3 Likes

Yes but their track record is to release a series of waves before Feb 1. So everyone is on pins and needles waiting for the next wave.

They need to get with the rest of the world and just pick a time and date to access your decision. Itā€™s not that hard.

5 Likes

The MyStatus logo looks like a heart monitor.

And MY personal MyStatus: :skull:

Come ON Texas. Put us out of our misery.

3 Likes

This is going to be a long weekend T-T

2 Likes

Technically yes, Feb 1st is the deadline for release. Itā€™s just that many people are frustrated because UT already released small waves and SEEMs to be holding back lot of the decisions when people believe that they could be giving them out. Also posting things about ā€œcapturing your reactionā€ to the admissions decisions that arenā€™t even here yet and also the MLK email which said they want to spend the next MLK with you on campus. Those things just get peoples hopes up and for the vast majority it ends up being a disheartening CAP/reject bc their acceptance rate is 29%.

5 Likes

A lot of schools donā€™t announce a date. University of Michigan came out today but they didnā€™t announce a date. They just gave a vague end of January. University of Virginia also doesnā€™t give a date they just say in early February University of Miami came out today they didnā€™t give a date. This is actually not an uncommon practice. That being said yes, it would be nice to know, but Iā€™m just saying they havenā€™t actually not done what they said they would do.

1 Like

I really do understand the sentiment. We are in the same boat waiting. This is a really important school for her. I just think all of our expectations and hopes are raised by random people in this thread, telling us that itā€™s definitely going to be today and Iā€™ll eat my words if itā€™s not and my guess is that person has no more information than you or I which is what the university said by February 1 and itā€™s just sort of amping everybody up.

2 Likes

UT is the only top school I am aware of that does this wave system. uva and others release all decisions at once. They may wait to tell you the exact date until it is about to happen but there are not kids hearing back EA at different times from UVA.

Everyone speculating about this day or that day or what the portal looks like is the natural consequence of releasing decisions piecemeal instead of all at once.

6 Likes

Solution: send a tweet that says decisions will be released on Feb 1. Come back Tuesday.

Problem solved.

6 Likes