3 Likes

Can it not come out on the weekend ?

ok ty!

1 Like

I donā€™t think so.

1 Like

Goodnight everyone :frowning:

1 Like

Iā€™m sure weā€™ll here about a record number of applicants after the Wednesday decisions.

1 Like

Yeah. Beginning of January. I live in Austin and all the high schools in Austin got Comp Sci decisions back (Westlake, Lake Travis, Austin , High, Vandegrift). If your oos I wouldnā€™t expect anything yet, though.

1 Like

Did anyone receive decisions today from UT?

2 Likes

You mean auto admits? My daughter is in Westwood, she said her friends who applied to CS havenā€™t heard anything yet.

Did anyone hear tonight

1 Like

Do you know what percentage economics is? Probably closer to 25% ish?

This is probably misleading, other than Turing decisions, and a very few who applied very early and was also in the top 1% of the class got some CS admission, the majority got nothing yet for CS as far as I can tell, yes weā€™re in-state. Feb,1 is close, so it got to be out on Mon or Tue. Best wishes.

2 Likes

Not auto. Yes they are at the top of their class and applied early. I used to go to Westwood and kept in touch with classmates, so thatā€™s how I know Westwood got CS decisions.

1 Like

*10%

1 Like

When do decisions for OOS applicants who applied after November 1st will come out?

Nothing yet. Hold on just for a bit longer

1 Like

The admission timeline process is less than optimal at best. And for all of those who say ā€œwell, all they promise is Feb. 1st for priority so they arenā€™t lateā€ arenā€™t dealing with the reality of in-state kids and parents. Many of the peer schools that UT Austin compares itself to typically have EA dates and regular dates and usually dump everything on those dates. Not some sort of part-rolling/part-decision day process. I know the top 6% auto admit creates issues especially for CS, McCombs, Cockrell, etc because you arenā€™t really ā€œinā€ to UT if you donā€™t get your desired major IMO.

The Friday night waves have been fairly common the last few years. I figured they do it to so they donā€™t have to answer nastygrams and calls the next day with a weekend for it to set in, as well as not make for a crappy next day at school for rejected kids.

For us it was Jan 14th last year, Friday night they sent a wave of both acceptances and major rejections out right during a HS basketball game. Spread like wildfire thru the student section which made for a nice dichotomy of excitement and tears.

6 Likes

I have to comment, thatā€™s one of the most tone deaf school counselor pieces of advice I have ever heard. Absurd to think anyone who wants to go to UT Austin would not look at their portal for 4 months. Itā€™s actually dumb to not know as soon as you get in to make comparative decisions with other schools.

9 Likes

a wild guess, private school has the fund and staff to clock in admission decisions on fixed dates, public school like UT probably did it the cheap way: hiring a few contractors probably even from offshore to get the job done once a year, thatā€™s why you see their decisions are really mostly just class-ranking-based instead of the popular ā€˜holistic reviewā€™ process, because itā€™s easy and hard to argue about that way. sadly they still could not deliver on any fixed date instead of the last minute, itā€™s really embarrassing.

Yes many privates release earlier, and all at once, but also focus on binding early decision. However, many comparable publics release at set times as well (eg, Purdue, Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida, Virginia, UCs, etc) but many are deferring lots of applicants to a later date. Michigan just released early action results and tons of applicants with 1500+ SATs to arts and sciences were deferred. And the top 20 colleges mostly release at the end of March.

3 Likes