UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

Sheesh guys he didn’t call anyone dumb. He especially didn’t call anyone’s kid dumb. He was talking about the counselor being unrealistic. Of course people are going to check. They want to know. This is a huge step in these teenagers lives. Means the WORLD to them even tho we as parents know it’s not the end of the world. Anyway, should keep my mouth shut, but I’m more offended by the other comments to be honest. Liberal or conservative…rich or poor…stop judging others because they are not like you.

13 Likes

Do all admitted business honor program (BHP)students get an interview first? I just noticed that business honor program decision also comes out on 2/1. If the student has not received any interview notice by now, does that mean no chance of getting into BHP?

4 Likes

Do we think they will release a wave tomorrow or most likely just Tuesday?

1 Like

My DS applied to McCombs and Canfield in October and has not has heard anything about Canfield.

Nobody knows. It does no good to speculate.

5 Likes

Are interviews conducted for the Engineering Honors Program (EHP)? If so, when/how should students expect to hear about them?

I don’t think there are interviews for honors engineering.

probably february 1st tbh (wednesday). maybe they might release monday, tuesday, and wednesday tho it all depends.

Son was admitted to Mccombs in December and interviewed for CBHP in January and is awaiting that decision. I believe that they take 50% of applicants interviewed. UT and McCombs are running behind this year and an email that he got suggested that he could get his BHP decision by March.

1 Like

the word “dumb” was never used and nothing was directed or implied about an applicant. But I do see where some ran with that to drop their kids stats and other acceptances for some sort of subliminal brag, as well as laying the groundwork for going to a different school if/when they get rejected from UT. you see this every year with parents of kids who turn on UT & A&M when they realize their kids might not get in as it gets late in the acceptance cycle for Texas state schools.

1 Like

Question: Have all instate auto admits been notified if they received their major of choice?

Will they receive notification of their major before non autos?

1 Like

No, they have not.

If I had to guess, just based on how late it is compared to prior years, a lot of people will not get a decision on Feb. 1. They will get a deferral until March.

1 Like

UT is just messing with our minds. My daughter already got U Mich and Georgia Tech acceptances last Friday so we are not too worried about UT any longer.

3 Likes

Goodmorning everyone!

3 Likes

I’m hoping we’ll be in a similar position where the stakes on UT won’t be so high. Haven’t heard yet though from most other schools.

Are you in-state or OOS? What major is it?

We are in state. She is auto as well. Major is Chemical Engineering

I hope so too! It’s insane what UT is doing. It was not this bad 2 years ago when our oldest got in. He is currently a sophomore studying ECE. Back then we heard back in Mid Dec and the final wave for Early decision was on Jan 29th, 2021, the last Friday. That’s why we’re so disappointed we are still waiting.

2 Likes

And congrats on Michigan and GT! UT obviously has the advantage of in-state tuition, but those are great options.

1 Like