UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

check reddit, there’s an email circulating confirming decisions are today, thoughts? supposedly counselor confirmed

2 Likes

I was just about to comment this, saw the email. Don’t know if it is true or not.

1 Like

Yes, was told they were wrapping it up over the weekend. But it isn’t hard to guess right? Either today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

i think its def today

3 Likes

Email looks legit, from exec director of admissions, but who knows?

From director of admissions to who?

1 Like

Have a good essay. With that kind of stat Essay cannot be one factor.

Looks like many cases of mistakes listed here so far. It seems something different is happening which we don’t know yet.

I think UT has received a record number of applications (probably due to test optional) and so are running late.

1 Like

Did you mean major admission decisions done and communicated ?

No they are wrapping up all EA and releasing all EA decisions. They normally don’t defer EA unless your major requires portfolio.

Thank you

I don’t see anything on the UT Admissions Twitter feed. While I hope the Reddit post is true, I’m skeptical.

2 Likes

You are referring to instate apps correct? I don’t know many OOS students especially for CS that have heard back yet

2 Likes

Essay needs to be touching and effective; with one dedicated paragraph explicitly stating UT Austin is the only choice. Spend the rest of the essay explaining what the student plans to do with a UT degree.
Usually the answer has to reflect their slogan (change the world).

1 Like

Quite a number in CS admitted. Some are waiting for Turing or CSB. They may have a few more coming.

2 Likes

the email said 66,000 and 12,000 are autos

1 Like

Wish my kid asks early…

What are the chances of 1580 SAT, 3.92 GPA 13 AP courses OOS ?

Major? rank? EC?

1 Like

I’ve noticed that usually Reddit post is not legit. They make it look like one but are just playing around people ‘s mind in their most vulnerable state unfortunately.

1 Like