UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

On the contrary, they have a lot of friends and form a pact to check status on a set date. Some even go further on March 31st to check along with Ivy apps.
Teenagers are a lot strong minded than parents here in the forum.

4 Likes

I got into biology with a bolded application and a misspelling. The contents matter more.

1 Like

Accepted OOS!!!

5 Likes

Any Regular Decisions were also announced today ? For OOS engineering .

Theyve heard from V Tech? We’ve been waiting on EA which doesn’t come out for a couple of weeks.

1 Like

You must be referring to my DD, she doesn’t want to check until Thursday period 2 with her friends.

Again, the key is nothing out of the norm this year. I looked even way back in 2015 it had been like this, end of January releasing all priority decisions except portfolio majors like you said.

1 Like

it’s all over instagram in Texas -

1 Like

Friend of mine is In-State Auto Admit, yet got Capped
 how does that work? Does anyone have an idea?

1 Like

Congrats!

Thank you! Yes she did-31. I honestly believe essays play a big part. They asked for 7 so they must value them with this many applicants. Her ECs were also very focused.

2 Likes

OOS Electrical engineering son got in.
So glad.
It is his dream school😊

4 Likes

Stats?

Daughter was top 1% but did not get into mccoombs. She got her second major economics in COLA. How does appeal process work. Also is it easy to tranfer from COLA to Mccoombs in second year.

1 Like

DS admitted, but not to either major he applied to. He applied to Chemical Engineering first choice and Mechanical Engineering second choice (confirmed tonight). He was admitted to Petroleum Engineering. Completely unexpected, since we expected rejection or CAP. In state, 1520 SAT, top 7% (so not auto), 14 APs. 4 years of high school band and various leadership. I guess Petroleum needs students?

1 Like

When does Dean Scholars list will be out? TIA

He’s in!
OOS
Biomedical Engineering

4.0UW 4.8W
32ACT
Poorly ranked high school (but took only college classes the last three years to get out from under that).
Class rank 1.
Sports, etc.

Still waiting on a few schools. But this has made our day! Not sure what he’ll do. Really wasn’t expecting it.

4 Likes

If cost is a factor, I heard it is much easier to get in-state tuition in UT and Texas from Sophomore year (have a business with income of few hundred dollars a month?) and next to impossible to become an in-state student in MA. I am in state and it is hearsay.

Congrats. Is this in-state? Do you mind sharing stats?

1 Like

Accepted OOS to Liberal Arts (Human Dimensions of Organizations). 4.4 WGPA, only 32 ACT but head of student gov, all state athlete.

2 Likes

So point being there is nothing unusual this year right?

UT has been doing the same thing every year. Checking end of Jan or early Feb for high stat students one more time proved to be the best for mental health so people (mostly parents here) wouldn’t be complaining and stressing from October all the way to January.

7 Likes