UT Austin Class of 2027 Official Thread

1580 SAT, Full IB Diploma with a predicted of 45/45 ,two Internships , varsity soccer , school council member , Good EC
Texas born but has been out of US for the major part of his life so was OOS

1 Like

Kids who can’t stay off their phones checking everything aren’t gonna peek at things until March. LOL yeah right, not sure who thinks its realistic for kids not to look. Its actually malpractice not to know as soon as reasonably possible to start planning for next year and evaluating options.

Its malpractice to get admitted say Jan 15th but purposely not find out. The kids can’t stay off their phones for everything but are not gonna look in the portal to find out if they got into UT. Unreal

1 Like

Have known a few who did it but were almost 4.0 GPA as freshman. Can’t tell you how doable it is typically.

Thanks

Petroleum seems to run boom and bust in terms of kids who want to do it. Think it is one of those least popular that HS kids apply to. But getting into any major at Cockrell is an achievement. Petroleum engineering at UT is ranked as the #1 program undergrad in the country (I know some argue the US news rankings but it is a top notch program)

1 Like

By EA do you mean Priority? If so is the 66,000k application report indicating
priority alone?

OMG. My daughter just checked her portal. She got ACCEPTED!!!

3 Likes

Nothing on honors yet.

No, haven’t heard, but son is assuming he will get in, which is why VT still in the mix in his mind. Maybe he won’t, but VT was his fallback in case UMich, Purdue and Wisconsin didn’t work out. You never know

we are just being optimistic.

2 Likes

Checked my portal, I got a CAP offer so if I go to UT, I’ll have to do a year at UTSA or another UT system school.

@lisacarpediem my son got CAPed as well. Anyway any idea what’s the next step? Where is the contract which needs to be submitted?

Thanks- that is a good idea. Do you know where you find information on appealing?

2 Likes

Could someone explain CAP? My friend is an in-state auto admit (selected both major options as McCombs). Does anyone have an idea why he was CAP as an in state auto?

1 Like

Appeal requires new conditions and information not in the application.

Go through below asap.
https://admissions.utexas.edu/apply/decisions/appeals

2 Likes

@threybando congratulations. My son got CAPed as well. Any idea about the next step? Where is this contract which we need to submit?

Thank you! I appreciate this information.

Got email “Please log in to MyStatus”, at 8:03 PM which is 3 hours later.

1 Like

CAP is only for limited COLA (liberal arts) majors and not even Econ is given. There will be a CAP registration date set (in the past few cycles one evening in first week of Feb).
Around 6:00pm, when CAP registration opens, a lot of students will jam the CAP applications trying to get to UTSA/UTA. The hot CAP schools can fill up fast.

2 Likes

@lawyerwrob If he is in-state auto he should have received notification in MyStatus that he was accepted into UT in the days after submitting his transcript, but his major would have been under review until this evening. If he didn’t get into either first or second choice major, he would be admitted to Liberal Arts.

CAP would not be offered to an auto admit. So if he got offered CAP, maybe he wasn’t actually in the top 6%???

2 Likes