UT Dallas Class of 2026 - Admission Discussion

Its been exactly 7 weeks today since my DDs application was completed, and we are still waiting to hear back. Called the admissions office, and was told we will hear back “soon”.

you should be getting the decision in the next day or two. check on Saturdays and Sundays as well as my son just (Saturday morning) got admission from TTU while he got into UTD on Thursday morning. Good Luck for you!

Is there another forum for UTD admitted? I had some questions about housing. Trying to apply but link isn’t working. Thank you in advance.

Yes Housing link when clicking “Apply Now” doesn’t work, it won’t open until later this year or early next year.

My daughter just got her acceptance (on Galaxy) today! Her application was complete on 9/17 and she is a Neuroscience major.

2 Likes

So there’s no big rush like at other schools to put a housing deposit down? Is there a set date it opens? Thank you!

I called last week they told me later this year. If you scroll down on Housing Apply Now page, you can see it is still showing Fall 2021. I think they are busy accommodating the Spring 2022 enrollment.

My DD just got her acceptance notice yesterday. Applied mid/late August with UTD being the least communicative compared to the other schools she applied to. Accepted into business major. 3.94 unweighted/4.8 weighted. 28 ACT + varsity golf 4 years, 300+ volunteer hours in leadership with childrens ministry at her church, store manager 20 hours a week, plus other EC.

This is probably a dumb question, but here goes:

We sent an official transcript to UTD via the online ‘parchment’ tool our HS provides. Does this meet the requirement for sending UTD an official transcript. This is the only school (of about 10) that my DD is applying to that asks for “The high school transcript must be in a school sealed envelope with the school seal or signature on the back side of the envelope to be considered official.” So just making 100% sure we have sent them what they are asking for…

(We are in-state auto-admit, if that matters in the context of this question.)

We sent it via the online tool our HS provides too. It worked.

1 Like

Thank you. This whole process, with lack of standardization, is quite overwhelming. Just for transcripts we have filled out SRAR, SSAR, Parchment, and then some are just fine with counselor report within Common App. And then of course the Apply Texas essay has to be fundamentally different from common app essay.

Ok, done venting. It really is quite crazy the hoops these students jump through from an administrative standpoint. Appreciate your quick reply, you and other parents in CC have been a big help in the small frustrating moments!

1 Like

In galaxy (now Orion for application) portal, click on the “Application To-Do list”. You should see 3 items, one of those indicates if they receive the HS transcript. The link “Requirement Completed” only link to the key explaining the term which is useless. You may have more than 3 if you send LORs.

But Galaxy portal is admittedly bad and lack of information, it shows it SAT/ACT scores as “Requirement completed” but it won’t show what scores it received. So if there is a mistake there you cannot tell. A student last year got late acceptance not knowing a 28 ACT got through but 1480 SAT score never went through.

For some reason Terry scholarship application is not in the “To-Do” list, although it is a separate task with its own “sqaure” in Orion.

For some reason, even without admission, you can drop down at the center to see “UTD Student Center” which is supposedly for current student. And without admission, you can set up utdallas.edu email account via their O365 setup and even search for current, alumni and staff email and personal profiles. I think it is a security breach and just showing the university is lacking IT resources.

Financial Aid is not very informative, even if you get confirmation email from FAFSA, UTD won’t show anything until next year. (Should hide the “square” or at least show a message saying “Financial aid will start getting update in March…”)

I was able to access the housing portal by searching on my own and going through that way. The link did not work, but I was able to pay the fee and sign the contract for my son.

1 Like

Thanks for this explanation, it is helpful. The 'Applicant To-Do List" is still showing as not having transcript that we ordered almost two weeks ago. Even though it shows having the SAT we ordered sent on the same day. So I guess we will check again early next week and if need be just reorder the transcript.

1 Like

Best thing is call UTD admission office.

Right now UTD AO is very busy but they may be able to pull that for you on phone.

1 Like

Was about to place that call, and then these beautiful words appeared… “Your application is complete and is under final review for an admission decision.”

Thanks @FriscoDad and @martinezcs for coaching us through this UTD application!

2 Likes

Now with priority due date of Dec 1st for application submission is fast approaching, admissions may start flowing in faster than the last couple of months as AES awards will start in Dec. am I right in saying this or anyone has any other interpretation of UTD information?

For auto, should still be fast. The 2-4 weeks delay back in August likely due to Apply Texas change.

DS finally got acceptance into UTD. He’s a NMSF, neuroscience major - took him almost 7 weeks to hear from them.

3 Likes

Good Luck on AES!