UT Dallas Class of 2026 - Admission Discussion

My son reached out to them today - he was told that we should expect a response in a week or so. The application has been reviewed seems like. He submitted on 9/20

1 Like

contacted admissions office, no specific timeline provided, still in review

1 Like

We are in the same boat bkskpknk. We submitted on almost the same day.

A friends son had a 1380 with first quarter GPA and got business honors. A bit surprising since average honors group was 1440. He also got a big scholarship and commutes so very little cost.

Was that 2019 or earlier? UTD not giving much AES since last year.

“The quantity and quality of freshman applicants influences the AES awarding process. The award process is competitive and previous years should not be used to set expectations for scholarship awards.”

https://enroll.utdallas.edu/freshman/aes/prospective-students/qualifications/

Bottom line, UTD doesn’t have any predetermined parameters for awarding AES anymore. Looks like AES is awarded on holistic review and the perception of the application reviewer.

1 Like

1 Like

I had applied on 8/06 and my application was complete around 08/15. I was accepted on 10/10 so took more time than usual I guess .

That’s right. My my niece got full scholarship with decent GPA and SAT for 2020. It’s just last year, all the scholarships are messed up from what I read.

that sounds about right because I am past 6 weeks after complete application.

looks like not much movement in UTD admissions. any lucky few here?

Same here. In the past would have been admitted in just a few days.
My son supposed to be “auto”. In Applications to do list, there are only 3 things completed (HS Transcript, application, SAT scores)
I cannot tell what data they get, the status only link to keys explaining the status. Application under review since 10/1/21.

my son’s app is under review for more than 6 weeks after application was complete. I called admissions office and they said it should be processed in 6 weeks but that’s long gone

Dd was accepted to UTD this morning. She applied on Sept 3.

2 Likes

Do you mind sharing stats please? My son’s app was submitted on the same day- Sept 3- although it was about 10 days later that his transcript uploaded. It’s been over 7 weeks.

are you in-state and auto admit and still taking more than 2 months?

Dd is in-state and not auto admit. For stats - she is homeschooled, has a 4.0 unweighted gpa, 4.0 in 18 hours of dual enrollment at the local community college, and 1440 SAT (700 EBRW, 740 Math).

Finally, got ADMITTED this morning. Exactly 7 weeks after Complete App.

3 Likes

Same here! 7 weeks after all documents uploaded. I checked this morning at 7, and sometime before 10:30. I’d given up for the day but it changed sometime between 10:30 and 11:15 for reference.