UT Dallas Discussions 2022-2023 Megathread

Feel free to discuss anything regarding UTD. Be it Admissions, Scholarships, Housing Etc.

UT Dallas is an incredible option, especially for National Merit Scholar recipients. Like Alabama etc. it offers a full ride. It may be the perfect fit for a kid who doesn’t want Big Sports or a big Greek presence. Seems nerdy, smart, unpretentious, and a lot of fun.

Well i have already got admit but yet to get Scholarship decision, so waiting for that :slight_smile:

Congrats on the admit! The in-state price is a bargain, even without a scholarship. And if you are out of state, I hope you get a great scholarship.

Thank you mate.

1 Like

My son (in-state) received his admission offer for Fall 2023 UT Dallas for ME about 10 days ago. He has received four other ME admission offers so far (so 5 total admits with 6 decisions to come — no rejections or deferrals). They are all good schools. Having said that, the more I think his choices through, the more I like UTD. Other schools may appear more prestigious, but UTD offers incredible value. UTD does not appear to chasing rankings, prestige, sports accolades or admission fads, rather it appears to be focused on providing high quality education at a reasonable price. I will support his choice, but I will also share my opinions with him candidly since I will provide funding. UTD’s location is a huge plus for students from all over the nation and the world in my opinion due to the employment opportunities in the area and the easy and abundant air travel. Dallas continues to be a great city.

1 Like

I agree that this is a huge plus. Because it is a hub, flights are abundant and cheap. Logistically so much easier.

I agree

Has anyone received any scholarships yet? If yes, then when and how much?

Closing duplicate thread. Please post on the existing thread