UT Dallas Class of 2027 - Admission Discussion

My daughter just got admitted to the School of Engineering and Computer Science.

She is a high stat review admit (not top 10%). Applied in the first half of August.

Question: should we go ahead and pay the housing fee ASAP or it doesn’t make any difference in terms of room choice and availability?

Congratulations! Anyone else that is not too 10% been accepted?

yes! i got into jsom!

Can you please share when did you apply

Can you please share when did you apply

Oh yes!
I applied like September 29 and got the decision in 3 - 5 days!

2 Likes

Hi My son’s UTD completion was marked completed on oct 7th. We haven’t heard anything yet. His GPA is 3.94, SAT score is 1340. Major applied for is Computer Science. Can anyone share how long it took for them to hear back?

DD applied 10/17 went under application review around 11/1 got admitted to Data Science on 11/25. 3.97 UW GPA, 1430 SAT.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response!

Did you apply with official SAT scores from the Collage Board? Mine applied 11/13 and has been in review, but they still have not received his official SAT from the College Board.

1 Like

Congratulations. Did you apply with the official SAT from the College Board?

1 Like

My son got his acceptance today. It has taken close to 2 months. He submitted the application on 09/21, but it was 10/07 by the time supporting documents were submitted. He actually emailed admissions team yesterday and they responded back saying that they have record number of applications this year and hence the delay. For class of 2028, my advice would be to apply as early as you can. Try to get your recommendation letters from your teachers towards the end of Junior year, so that you can be ready with everything at the start of Senior year.
And yes we applied with official SAT scores from College Board.
Best of luck to everyone!

1 Like

were you in-state?

1 Like

Did anyone hear back about AES decisions yet? Usually, around what time do AES decisions come out?

1 Like

Son applied OOS CS in September, marked as complete in early October, haven’t heard anything back yet. He’s a NMSF, 4.2 WGPA, 1550 SAT, CS intern at UT-Dallas (remotely) last summer.

That’s weird. I’m also OOS, NMSF and I applied for Data Science. I was accepted a week ago and my application was marked complete Oct 12. For context, I had a 4.8 W GPA and multiple relevant data science and statistics internships/research positions. I also had a few college classes (from running start) – namely linear algebra, multi var calc etc. But, it could also be that I marked UT Dallas as my first choice on the NM portal? You might want to do so if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

He has Linear Algebra, Calc 3, Discrete Math, and four post-AP college CS courses (not included in his GPA), so along with everything else I would assume he’s a strong candidate for UT-Dallas. But it’s CS, which can be a little cuckoo admission-wise everywhere, so I admit I’m getting a little nervous. It’s one of his top two or three choices, assuming he gets National Merit Finalist.

First NM choice I don’t think matters at this point, because I believe the first time the colleges receive that info from National Merit isn’t until around March 1.

1 Like

My daughter applied in October and have not heard back either.

We called the admissions office and they told my son to email admission@utdallas.edu with “Attention: Recruiters” in the subject and check what might be causing the delay. He did that and got a response within a day and also got his acceptance the same week. You might want to try that.

2 Likes

Has anyone heard about AES yet?