UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Yes I received a department specific email a few weeks ago.

Yes, I am also hoping for this Friday, following the pattern of past years, but will wait for the 12th. I’ll be super disappointed, however, if it doesn’t come then.

1 Like

i would guess that there MIGHT be a small batch this Friday?

Given that in the email they reiterated that decisions would be released between 3/1-3/15, it’s conceivable for anyone to get a decision between now and the 15th. Haven’t heard anything about the big scholarships yet or the surprise balloons- I wonder if they’d even do the latter since schools are closed. I guess they can always show up to the students’ front yard. That won’t be my son though. It’s only after then, I believe, that other decisions are released.

As the decision is not out yet, why do they show a “Accept the admission offer” link to confuse people? The link can be seen after logged in MyUW under Quick Links

1 Like

we were talking about this earlier, it seems like everyone has the link, and everyone said they also had the “you have been offered admission” when they accessed the link. it was quite confusing

does anyone know if this worked last year?

someone said they knew a person who had that message and later got rejected. so we concluded that it probably doesn’t mean anything

1 Like

It’s likely two separate databases that are run by two separate departments or offices within the university that are not cross-linked. Or at least aren’t cross-linked yet because the Admissions office hasn’t provided them with the list of students who were given admissions offers.

When the Admissions office sends them the data set of students with admissions offers they will plug it in and screen accordingly.

I don’t think there is any point in trying to game the system to try to get a sneak preview of a decision that may not yet even be final.

2 Likes

Where exactly is this? I don’t see it under Quick Links.

Has anyone heard of anyone getting a decision back already? Like on other social media sites?

I haven’t

The description above that link says “IF ADMITTED”

Were you admitted? If not, then this does not apply to you

https://forms.admit.washington.edu/deferral-request/
It’s the second option when you scroll

UW Portal > Next steps for admitted students > Accept the offer & pay the fee > Confirm & Request NSEOF deferral (NOT confirm now). It should have you sign in if you aren’t already.
You can also just go to this link: UW NetID sign-in - Stale Request
Again, though, we assumed this does not mean anything!!

1 Like

Did anybody else get the GenOM email? It’s a UW program for minorities, but does anyone think that this could point towards a positive outcome in admission decisions.

Does anyone have a Ouija Board?

2 Likes

lol

1 Like

@Camasite ,
I am not gaming the system. This a poor web design, like a 20 year old HTML page. With Servlet and javascript(), it can be dynamic.