UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

30 hrs to go

I was just thinking. There is a possibility that we’ll have to wait all the way till Monday (at least some of us).

2 Likes

Noooo ! I can’t wait that long :joy:

1 Like

With an Econ major, you’ll be admitted to the university and then will have to apply to that major your sophomore year. It is capacity constrained meaning if more apply than they have room for, not all will get in and will have to find another major. With Econ, as part of applying to the major, you do also have to take an exam that tests reading and writing ability as well.

1 Like

People don’t always call just to “complain”…they may simply want clarification or ask a question. Again, the point is, that with a mass release of anything, people will need to find out more. The forums help, but contacting the school directly is something people will do.

1 Like

My son who graduated from UW in CS last year had a few friends who couldn’t get into their major- CS, engineering and business. One of them who couldn’t get into CS tried getting into other majors like ACMS (Applied computational math studies/science) and informatics- both of which are apparently competitive as well- ended up transferring to UW Tacoma and now has a good job. His friend who couldn’t get into business ended up with a degree in communications. And another friend who couldn’t get into CS majored in math (also a competitive major where someone with a 3.5 GPA got rejected) now works at Google as a software engineer. So not getting into your desired major may not necessarily be the worst thing. Lastly, I believe my son was in the last cohort of students who could get into CS as a junior. Not only was stellar GPA important but also extracurriculars/job experience (for those trying to get into other majors). Funny enough, his being a CS TA alone wasn’t enough to get him in initially.

Good luck everyone!

Informatics may be a good option if you don’t get into CS. Anyone know how hard it is to get into Informatics major? Hopefully easier than CS.

Easier than CS but still competitive as I mentioned above. Son’s friend couldn’t get into it. In his opinion, ACMS seems “most adjacent” to CS.

Is this good sign??? I logged in this degree audit page and chose “undergraduate” and then my major, and clicked done. It seemed I successfully started my degree and showed me things like:

Date Prepared: 03/11/21 - 03:04 PM

Prepared For: MY NAME

Graduation Date: Not Found

Catalog Year: SP 21

Omg thank god you said that I was so worried if I don’t get into business I won’t get into UW at all

no one has says it hasnt worked for them so i dont think so (yet?)

Me neither. Looks like a glitch.

But why would the system let me start auditing my degree?

1 Like

Underneath that did it say “this is not currently your major” ? Cause the message you got was the same for me but said it wasn’t my current major.

1 Like

idk i didnt make the system

1 Like

Yes it says and I agree with you all it might not mean anything; but wouldn’t you all think it’s weird to let us start that process but not accept us? I have a feeling that we all GOT IN lol

Lol :joy: I love the positive thinking ! And tomorrow we’ll find out !! Can’t wait

2 Likes

I have the same mesage and it said it’s not my current major. But then it also listed my university requirements/general education requirements for foster? Is it the same for you?

same w/my daughter - said not my my major but also listed requirements for Foster

Yes it’s the same for me. But I also have already taken some UW classes in high school so I’ve already done some of the pre reqs for my intended major.