UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

mine says the same thing

They could schedule to have emails out at certain time, usually after hours in batches cos sending so many emails can definitely overwhelm the mail server.

2 Likes

UW doesn’t always admit you to your major as a freshman. You’ll need to work towards this. Check out this topic on many forums. It’s very competitive.

Any OOS CS admits care to share their stats? I just want to gauge how competitive CS pool was this year.

In state- Accepted into UW but not engineering. I think his GPA was too low at 3.74. His friend accepted to CS with 4.0.

Because the only students who get assigned majors as freshmen are the direct admits to computer science and engineering. Everyone else gets into their general college and has to apply for acceptance into their major after meeting the prerequisites for that major in terms of required courses and minimum GPA.

So you will have to apply to your major as a sophomore. For example, here are the requirements for bio majors: https://www.washington.edu/students/gencat/academic/biol.html I’ll quote the relevant portion:

Department Admission Requirements

Application to the BA and BS degree programs is capacity constrained. Applications, accepted quarterly, are due the second Friday of autumn, winter, spring, and summer quarters, by 11:59 p.m. Applications received after the quarterly deadline are considered for the subsequent quarter.

Minimum requirements for consideration

1. Matriculated student in good academic standing at UW Seattle.
  2. Minimum 2.0 grade in each of BIOL 180, BIOL 200, and BIOL 220; or in BIOL 240
  3. Minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA for any supporting chemistry, physics, mathematics, and biology courses (or other courses that may apply to major requirements) completed at time of application.
  4. Personal statement: May include description of interest in biology, career goals, undergraduate research interests, degree interest (BA or BS), and any other information applicant believes is useful in evaluating the application.

Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Other factors include overall academic record and difficulty of other courses completed; time to degree set by UW Satisfactory Progress Policy, including frequency of incompletes or withdrawal grades and number of repeated courses; relevant work and life experience; and record of honors.

3 Likes

Daughter accepted OOS. (I think she applied as Undeclared.)
Purple and Gold scholarship.

4 Likes

Rejected for Informatics

If you’re okay with sharing, how much was your son awarded? I got the P&G scholarship for $3000 per year, but I know that amounts vary. I want to get a better idea of the range.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what the criteria was for getting waitlisted? is it based of strength of application?

i got the same $3000/year for engineering! congrats to you!

3 Likes

Rejected for CS. In state with 15xx SAT

I got accepted into the school of arts and sciences! I’m planning to major in biology! The only thing is that I found out by checking the application portal, I haven’t actually gotten an email from them yet. Anyone else?

1 Like

Guys, how can i check if I got into Foster via Direct Admit?

Mine just says “Your assigned major: in the Foster School of Business”

3 Likes

mine just looks like in the College of Arts and Sciences (I got in for applied math)

1 Like

Whats the percentage of people getting accepted off the waitlist ???

We could have written your post except it’s our son who was accepted with Purple & Gold Scholarship. We are OOS - California.

He also applied to Foster and it says “your assigned major: in the Foster School of Business”, too.

2 Likes

I think only certain schools like the business schools assign freshman directly into the major. All other freshmen are put into different schools and must apply for the major later on. I am also a hopeful bio major and in the school of arts and sciences!

2 Likes

Congrats to you too!

1 Like

My son got in as “engineering undeclared.” Is it super competitive if he goes this route? Please give me some insight.

3 Likes