UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I applied to be a biology major (I’ll be one of the few not going into medschool :P) and my assigned major is the college of arts and sciences. Does this mean biology is not a direct major or I did not get into the biology major?

1 Like

same lol. rejected similar in state CS

Now that my daughter has been accepted, when she goes to the degree audit and chooses Business Administration it doesn’t say “THIS IS NOT YOUR CURRENT MAJOR” anymore.

1 Like

del

May I ask stats? If you don’t mind

D18 ACCEPTED to arts and science, but not direct admit into Mech engineering, Instate 3.95

wait why did u delete? i never received that email:( what does the full text say? sorry omg

looks like its extra cutthroat for the impacted majors this year :frowning:

2 Likes

I got in! For intl. Math

3 Likes

Unless your major was Computer Science, most are pre-majors. You will apply later. There are some others that say direct-admit, but you can always change, and it’s rarely a huge factor for admissions. (I teach there)

1 Like

Yeah I was surprised because my stats (including SAT) are well within the accepted range published for direct-to-major CS.

“ If you have already joined the waitlist by submitting the required form, you will receive a final admission decision by August 1.”

Is this some kind of joke? Who can wait till Aug 1st to change their decision?

2 Likes

same. i thought my essays were decent too. now this makes me scared for rest of the decisions this month lol

At least I got into Cal Poly and Purdue… so I have somewhere to go. But UW was close to home. Waiting for results from the better UCs. Like you I am scared about what this may mean for results from the better colleges I applied to.

I got into UIUC as well for Math… If anyone has an idea, when comparing these two for Math, which one seems better?

yeah i got purdue too, but UW CS in state tuition was just a way better deal. :frowning:

1 Like

Yep… and Purdue is so far away… 4hr flight followed by 1hr drive. And the weather can be brutal.

1 Like

congrats to everyone who got in!! can’t wait to study neuroscience at UW : ) go dawgs !!!

4 Likes

wait omg congrats what does ur portal say? do u know for sure that u got into neuro

D accepted directly to College of Engineering(Major: Engineering - undeclared)
WA resident, GPA 4.0, IB Diploma Candidate

4 Likes