UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I got accepted to CS!
UW GPA: 3.98, 1510 SAT In state

7 Likes

S21 applied EE, accepted to pre-major, College of Arts & Sciences with a $3k/year P&G scholarship. He’ll be declining given acceptances elsewhere directly into his desired major.

I got rejected for CS with better SAT also in state. Your ECs and essays must have been awesome.

CS Instate!!! My dream school since freshman year, I couldn’t be happier.

UW GPA: 3.96, 1560 SAT superscore, instate, pretty good ecs

6 Likes

3.97 in state. No SAT. Applied for Psychology and waitlisted. :sob:

Got in for CS OOS :))
UW GPA: 3.93, 1560 SAT, great ecs

6 Likes

Can you please clarify, on the myUW page under “your assigned major”, do you have “in the Foster School of Business”, OR “Business Administration in the Foster School of Business”?

wow congrats

1 Like

Daughter got accepted! Out-of-state. 3.93 unweighted, 4.37 weighted, 34 ACT. Arts & Sciences, Biology. We’re thrilled since her big brother will be a senior at UW next year the same time little sis is a freshman!

2 Likes

Accepted for poli sci!!<3

3 Likes

My D applied for CS. Accepted as pre-science with P&G $3000 scholarship. Not happy. We are from CA, guess we need to wait for UC!

The UW web site says this “Congratulations again on your admission to the University of Washington! While you’ve been offered admission to the UW, you were not admitted directly to computer science or computer engineering.”
“There are a limited number of spaces for students not admitted directly as freshmen. Therefore, we encourage you to pursue another major at the UW, as it is unlikely that you will be admitted to computer science or computer engineering at a later time.”

“You requested the following major: Business Administration in the Foster School of Business
Your assigned major: in the Foster School of Business”
Does that mean she didn’t get Business Administration? But she’s in the Business School right?

2 Likes

what’s the acceptance rate for cs direct-- got accepted but not to cs :frowning:

yeah OOS CS is impossibly hard, take it from an instate reject feeling worse feelings haha

Thats exactly what I have.

In previous years, if you got into Foster via Freshman Direct, it would say: “Your assigned major: Business Administration in the Foster School of Business”, and if you got into UW but not into Foster, it would say “Your assigned major: College of Arts and Sciences”

Looks like this year is a bit different, I sure hope I got in Freshman Direct!

What does her unofficial transcript say?

1 Like

Someone posted these stat earlier:

Don’t feel dejected–CS is incredibly hard for OOS (2% acceptance rate) and for international as well, based on statistics from 2020 Fall Admissions from Allen School website:

In-state: 393 accepted out of 1247 applied 31.52%
OOS: 68 accepted out of 2893 applied 2.35%
Int’l: 29 accepted out 1114 applied 2.60%

2 Likes

oh good idea - we didn’t check there
“College - Business School
Major - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION”

2 Likes

I was accepted - direct to engineering with a p&g scholarship.
UW: 4.00 W:4.4 SAT:1510 good ecs/essays

5 Likes

Oh good, that means she’s a direct admit to Foster. I took a credit-bearing summer program at UW in summer of 2018, and it only shows that course and the grade, but nothing about my major…

But at the very top, it says “Time Prepared: 12:09:46”. Really hoping that it just hasn’t updated yet and I got freshman direct!

1 Like

I was denied :rage:

2 Likes