UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Does anyone know for business major, which school is better, UW Seattle or University of Wisconsin, Madison?

Real Estate & Insurance, definitely Wisconsin

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/business

1 Like

They are both very strong, if you want to work in technology Washington definitely has an edge being in Seattle with all of its connections to the tech giants based there. Wisconsin probably better for Wall St outcomes b/c it’s long established. Any other outcome you may seek, I would call it a toss up.

Slight edge to Washington for west coast placements, slight edge to Wisconsin for midwest/east coast placements, but it’s really what you make of it.

Both excellent choices.

1 Like

thank you

thank you! Yeah I think UW Seattle has many opportunities to combine with tech

I would go for fit and cost. Both similarly strong.

Does anyone know the acceptance rate into the UW Engineering Program?

1 Like

Is it possible to get into Paul G. Allen School of CSE in junior year as an undeclared engineering student?

I applied for mechanical engineering and got into the undeclared college of engineering(DTC) as an international student. As I researched, Paul Allen school is one of the departments of the college of engineering.

However, according to the UW website, it’s hard to get into Allen school after sophomore year even though the college of engineering was guaranteed for me.

Is it possible to get into the Paul Allen school if I prepare CSE prereq classes during freshman and sophomore years as an undeclared student?

hey y’all, i got into brown and uwash as a direct admit for their cs program. Any idea which one I should attend or would be more advantageous?

What about Georgia Tech vs UW for CS?

Why didn’t Udub send acceptance packages in the mail? Pitt has sent me 3 or 4 packages already, and Oregon sent me two. Even though udub is my top choice, it makes me feel like prospective freshman undergrads are a bit of an afterthought

My daughter got a big purple and gold acceptance package with letters, a poster, and various other brochures. It came about 5 days after she got the email acceptance posted to her university portal.

It took about 2 weeks for my daughter to receive hers (we are on east coast). Envelope was half sheet size.

Well I hope I get something. It doesn’t seem likely since its been nearly a month though :frowning:

It shouldn’t matter too much, it’s just a package after all

We got a welcome packet with stickers. And other mailings since the first one.

1 Like

My child got directly admitted to College of Engineering. Is it difficult to be selected to the particular engineering major she wants to pursue? Thanks!

IS UW better than Georgia Tech for CS?

Curious as to if you toured the school and current thoughts? Our daughter just committed from Maryland. She toured a couple weeks ago. Military brat so no real sense of “home”, but we’ve never been west-coasters. Wants to explore this part of the world without us.

UW is probably better if you want to get a job on the west coast or especially in Seattle. Georgia Tech might be better if you want to get a job in the Southeast.

Is UW worth it if we have to pay 8k USD more per year?