UW Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I got into Honors as well, and they said that they received 5100 apps for 225 spots. Does that mean it was a 4% acceptance rate? Cause that seems really low

1 Like

They usually accept about 1000 to fill those 225 spots. Still, a low acceptance rate.

Is that 5100 apps of students who were accepted or 5100 apps and some of them didn’t necessarily get in.

Will all honors applicants receive an email, or only students who are admitted to the honors program? I applied to the honors program but have not yet received an email.

1 Like

same with my daughter - wondering if there’s still a chance that she might get one?

They do rolling notifications, some might not hear until early April. And they do eventually send rejection emails.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! Hoping for that acceptance email!

Does UW honors let you know if you got additional merit aid in the email or does that come later?

My daughter just got the honors college acceptance email letter today so they are obviously going out in batches. I expect it will take a while because they are obviously only going to review applicants who already got accepted to UW so couldn’t start the process until the main admissions office was done with their job.

4 Likes

I heard it is a very stressful process if you want to change majors @ UW and what do we do if we don’t get the desired major. I applied for Informatics but I did not get the assigned major instead they gave me pre major ( Arts&Science). I am not able to decide if I should even consider moving. Please advise. Thanks.

My D is in the same boat (different major). I asked about this today, on the Parents UW Facebook page and got a lot of helpful replies. The page is only for UW Parents (not students) but perhaps you have a parent who can join? Basically, it can be done, but it is very stressful, without clear guidelines as to what needs to be achieved (besides pre-reqs and A’s). Some said my D would need to have close to a 4.0 in order to get into the engineering major for junior year, and should have some backup plans. They said if she’s tied to a certain major, it may be better to accept direct admit from another school. Many parents suggested we have a discussion with an advisor before making this decision.

Thank you so much for the prompt response. I will ask my parents to join the Facebook page.

1 Like

My nephew went to UW but didn’t get in to CS his freshman year. He had a rough first year (the transition to college can be hard) and wasn’t even eligible to transfer to CS at the end of his first year. He was OOS, and his parents were paying a lot of money for him to not study what he wanted to study. He transferred to a college in Canada (dual citizen) after his freshman year and did great there. Has a good coding job in Seattle now.

My son got in to UW direct to engineering this year (in state), but if he hadn’t, we would probably not be considering UW at all because we’d be worried about how hard it is to transfer. Better to be at a school where you can be in the program you want to be in.

2 Likes

Well, in the last a couple of days, my DD has been accepted into both UC Berkeley CS (OOS) and CMU CS (with sizable financial aids). So she probably won’t go to UW after all.

Nice views on campus today:

Here is a short video about the cherry trees:

2 Likes

Hi there. Just curious if there is anyone seeking admission into a music major at UW who is still waiting to hear back from the department (as opposed to UW itself). Thanks!

Son found out about acceptance into music about a week prior to being admitted to the U. Scholarship info comes out the second week of April I believe.

1 Like

Financial Aid info has been released!

1 Like

does anyone know what the GE reqs are like for non stem majors? I’m a poli sci major so I know I’d have to take econ but any there any hard math/sciences like calculus, physics, chem??

LOVE THIS!! Thank you for sharing!