UW Madison Class of 2027 Official Thread

so does anyone have solid intel that if you rec’d that email asking you to sign the “Information Release Form” that this is a good sign? It seems odd they would send this before notifying the applicant that they have a spot, no?

I’m curious … is anyone that is receiving these emails or been asked off the waitlist an instate applicant?

None. I’m guessing it went to everyone on the waitlist, but I’d love to be wrong!

Hello. We are unable to access the form. Will getting off the list depend on completion of the form? Thank you

Out of state

I didn’t get this

Daughter received same notice. Out of state applicant on waitlist.

Very frustrating what they are doing to in-state applicants

Not sure if rumors hearing are true yet lowest number of in state admissions ever.

Not sure what they were thinking in general. Our applicant was offered a spot last week off of the waitlist… they declined. Straight A’s, highest rigor, private school, OOS full pay, 1560 SAT, took APs out of state since our school does not offer them (got 5s on both), tons of leadership and an extra curricular that has taken 30 hours a week of their time, outside of school for the past 6+ years — deferred and waitlisted. They would have chosen Wisco if offered a spot during EA or RD but to waitlist and play around, they found another option they are happy about - a super frustrating process.

Good luck to all who are hoping for the WL…

4 Likes

Same here. Just offered a spot with similarly great stats and now she is set to go somewhere else. She would have jumped at it a few months ago. But now. Don’t know. She has a roommate and a full tuition scholarship somewhere else.

1 Like

Same here. Deferred, waitlisted, now accepted OOS. She says no way I’m happy where I’m going. But I told her if the acceptance came months ago you would have picked UW, so you owe it to yourself to consider it. Sigh idk

1 Like

Curious is “just offered”’ referring to offered tonight or last week? What major?

About an hour ago. Via email. OOS. Undeclared A&S. Illinois

3 Likes

Tonight. Email and updated myUW portal. Environmental Science from Illinois.

Deleted

3 Likes

Daughter OOS just got accepted off the waitlist.
Nutrition Science / 3.93UW /4.31W

Anyone know how to housing works…is it too late to get in will normal housing assignments?

2 Likes

Wondering about housing too

1 Like

For those just offered admission off the waitlist, were you given a deadline for a decision?

1 Like

Wow, my instate D hasn’t heard anything. Was deferred, then waitlisted. Sounds like they are only pulling OOS students off? This is extremely disappointing.

1 Like

may 12th