UW Madison Class of 2027 Official Thread

I’ve see on the parents fb page a number of kids getting off the wait list.

Check out Madhousing.com; the admitted students check list: Admitted First-Year Student Checklist – Office of Admissions and Recruitment – UW–Madison
And note this from the UWMad website says they expect to be able to house those coming off the wait list. Can’t find the link. Be sure to put in your preferences soon. And congratulations!

Maybe she might send a letter expressing continued interest?

OOS poli-sci. He also just got off the waitlist last night after that eForm financial aid letter earlier in the morning

1 Like

What are your thoughts about writing a letter if on waitlist? They said no, however, I think some are??

We got out of waitlist OOS engineering. How does Madison compare with Purdue?

Madison has good engineering program, but Purdue’s is much better, one of the best in the nation

2 Likes

Really?? Not really. Plus Madison much nicer campus/town.
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/engineering-doctorate

2 Likes

DS OOS offered a spot off waitlist for engineering. He applied EA, then deferred and waitlisted. Now he’s excited about where he’s already accepted and looking forward to everything that school has to offer. He definitely would have accepted had he gotten in early or even regular, so he’s going to consider the offer but my gut tells me he’s going to decline.

2 Likes

Everything have heard is OOS - I don’t believe for a second those stats are a coincidence

1 Like

Deadline given is One week to decide

So I’m hearing that they are accepting off waitlist but only OOS, does anyone know of anybody in state who got off the waitlist yet

Does anyone know if they admit on the waitlist based on spots available for the major?? No Computer Science majors have been accepted yet.

My Son OOS got admitted after waitlist, I guess if he had gotten in EA or RD he might have been more motivated to join, it was one of his top choices. He has declined hopefully it helps someone waiting for Engineering.

2 Likes

Tons of CS majors have been accepted.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any. Certainly wouldn’t say “tons.” :slight_smile:

There are many, all over the Reddit page.

Have any direct admit or pre-business majors come off the waitlist?

1 Like

They are all over the parents page on Facebook.

1 Like

Which parents page is this? My dd came off the waitlist and I’m wondering what the trend is for accepting it