UW Madison Class of 2027 Official Thread

Daughter not here. No access to portal. I’m going to throw up I’m so nervous. She got two rejections already today! :frowning:

1 Like

Ditto

1 Like

Fingers crossed. I hate seeing the disappointment with the rejections.

3 Likes

It is heartbreaking to watch. :frowning:

2 Likes

This admission process is way harder than I ever imagined….tbh

3 Likes

Rejected 3.9UW, 4.6 W, 9 APs for Business, after deferral

Does staying on the WL have much hope? not sure how common it is to be taken off of it

1 Like

Son waitlisted, OOS (CA), 3.85 W, undeclared major, no test scores, good ECs

Same - denied OOS after being deferred EA. Sent a LOCI. 4.2, 35 ACT, student body President, tons of ECs and strong essay. Only denial out of 9 competitive schools. It’s a lottery, honestly, and everyone ends up where they are supposed to be, but this was his first choice so hits hard. Expected to be waitlisted if not accepted. Sigh. Upward and onward!! Best of luck to all!

2 Likes

I know! It used to be much simpler. It is so confusing to watch amazing students get rejected so many places.

3 Likes

for what major?

1 Like

It said 20%. But I have no idea what needs to be done. Just wait? That is brutal.

Does anyone know when UW Madison release waitlist decision?

2 Likes

The waitlist letter said by July 31, way too late.

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel they might release decision little by little.

1 Like

housing for UWM closes may 1 so anyone who gets in and wants to attend should hop on that train asap (although i do wonder if they keep some slots open for WL acceptances past that date)

2 Likes

Daughter denied. OOS.

What does the 20% refer to?

20% expected to get off WL

Yeah, 20% off waitlist. 1 in 5. On average. So this year could be better or worse.

1 Like