UW Madison Essay

<p>Hey guys, I'm planning to apply to UW Madison and I need some help with the ideas for the first essay promt [Consider something in your life you think goes unnoticed and write about why it's important to you.]. I'm planning to major in chemical engineering so I was wondering if I should do something related to my personality or something related to my major? Any suggestions?</p>

<p>My potential topics for this essay so far are:</p>

<ol>
<li>Courage</li>
<li>Ecological awareness (particularly on the acidification of ocean)</li>
<li>Personal/Character development</li>
<li>..........?!?!?</li>
</ol>

<p>Help would be greatly appreciated!</p>

<p>This is one of those things where we can’t tell you what’s important to you. It would seem obvious that only you could know this. That being said, I would choose something that is not too ‘self-serving’. Choose something that is important to YOU and explain why. This is not the time to explain all the things you love about UW or all the things you will take advantage of when you get there. That goes into the other essay. This essay is for you to show who you are as an individual. Choose your words and phrasing carefully. </p>

<p>It may seem obvious, but double-check the essay for grammar issues, and then have an English prof check it again.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>I used a personal experience ( my journey from birth to now with cerebral palsy including surgery this october) and how it shaped me as a person. @lyhakim</p>

<p>Somethings about chemicals? Chemistry that goes unnoticed?</p>

Alright, thank you guys for your suggestions :smiley: