UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

I got in!!

@Natalie278 Another school, I wasn’t very clear oops

For financial aid you can click on the year then if nothing is shown choose

Cost of Attendance, EFC & Need. If your contribution is WAY over need you aren’t getting much except a small loan

ACCEPTED!!!

I was originally a postponed student and just got accepted. In state, 27 ACT and 3.8 GPA UW, only two AP’s. Thought it would be helpful to note that my financial aid page did NOT change prior to acceptance.

waitlisted :confused:

Accepted. 32 ACT, 3.5 GPA

My SOAR page changed now. I did pay the fee and accept about an hour ago. I applied early admission, was postponed, financial aid changed, few hours later was admitted. ACT 32 GPA 3.5

@jpamsel I’m OOS as well.

DD accepted! 31 ACT 3.7 UW GPA OOS

Son was denied. Not overly surprised as his UW GPA was 3.2 and ACT of 28, but he did have very good EC’s - two time State contender for FBLA (one spot away from Nationals last year), paid internship in as an accounting assistant, 3 year varsity starter on the baseball team, 4 years on the golf team, invited to an athletic leadership conference all 4 years (for select student athletes). So, we were hoping those might bring him over the top.

All is good though as he is committed to going to Iowa State which, in the end, may end up being a much better fit for him. For starters, does not have to worry about applying to the business school.

Anyways, congrats to all those who were admitted!!

For those waitlisted. I believe some years several are eventually admitted off the waitlist, other years there are basically none that are admitted. Looking at threads from last year it appears that several waitlisted students got phone calls in early May (around the 8th or 9th?) telling them that they had been accepted.

me, too–waitlisted :frowning:

Waitlisted. 33 ACT 3.7 UW (4.0 W) GPA and I thought the rest of my application was really good too …

I don’t even know what to say at this point … after getting deferred and then rejected by Northwestern, to getting postponed and then waitlisted by Wisconsin … just …

Does anyone know what getting waitlisted means here at UW?

Admitted OOS CA
3.87 GPA 32 ACT bio 740
Bio Major

I do not plan to attend. Hopefully one of you waitlisted people will get my spot!

Denied
UW GPA: 3.6 ACT 28
From Minnesota

I am disappointed I was denied after being postponed but it is what I expected. I am wondering if people that were accepted received an email, because I did not.

My son is in. Thank the Lord! 3.87 uw and 33act

Did anyone NOT hear tonight??

Admitted for College of Letters and Science
OOS from California, SAT1920, UW GPA 4.3, W 3.9
Very strong essay,
High school ranks #3 in the state of California

Waitlisted for College of Engineering (1st choice). I’m surprised that I wasn’t admitted to my 2nd choice in College of Letters and Sciences. What are the chances of waitlist clearing ?

@samikhan

UW is not like UIUC, you’re admitted to the school as a whole, then can be directly admitted into your college of choice or apply into it as a freshman.