UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

ACCEPTED!!! 26 ACT and 3.8 GPA! So excited to be a badger

I GOT IN!! Does UW still admit students to the college of engineering as a whole and then you choose your major later on? I remember reading some posts saying they changed things this year.

So I got in, Out of State from California. Does anyone know how much they received in financial aid at the moment? It says I have no awards at this time, and the Total Aid is 0.00 :frowning: I submitted my fafsa, and qualify as low-income

Rejected with a 1940 and 3.8 GPA. Very disappointed.

After postponed in early application, now we get regrettably, blah blah and invitation into the “UW Connections Program” for two years at another UW campus and guarantee for Madison junior year.

No mention of wait list. Anyone know what the heck this is?

Accepted to College of Engineering. Oos with 33 act and 4.0w

https://www.admissions.wisc.edu/apply/connections/

Connections program

Has someone NOT recieved any decisions yet?

@thatjavierguy
Since UW-Madison is running heavily low in budget due to Governor Walker’s recent tax plan, the school is planning to raise its out-of-state tuition up to $40,000 in two to three years, and the school will likely offer no aid to out-of-state students for the same reason.

Unless money isn’t an issue, I’d choose a different school, like any UC’s.

Sources: Just google them.

D received email while we are on Spring Break that she was accepted via email prompt to check portal (she was RD postponed)- could not be better news. OOS/Virginia. 2000 SAT/ top tier high school in Northern Virginia/solid AP classes/3.6 UW/varsity sports (gymnastics/lacrosse-captain)/great volunteer efforts. New news, so not aware of any aid as of this writing. Beat the Irish!

WAITLISTED.

ACCEPTED! 1870 SAT, 3.8ish GPA

ACCEPTED!
ACT 21
GPA 3.9

@ThatFluteGuy
Was totally unaware of the university’s money problems. UC’s are definitely options for me, got into UC Santa Barbara, UC Davis, and UCLA so far, but Wisconsin has been my #1 pick for a while and unfortunately, money plays a huge role in my decision.

Turns out the that before I can be awarded anything, I have to submit more documents. We’ll see how it goes, I really appreciate the response! (:

Anyone have information regarding wait listed students??? How many students get off, etc?

@jayyy150315 21 ACT??? How did you get in…

Accepted!!! However, when I clicked on the FA link, I saw “There is no financial aid information found.” Does that mean I didn’t receive any merit award? I’m OOS.

Yes , 21 ACT

Accepted to L&S, 3.48 UW GPA, 30 ACT

And I got my decision literally 25 minutes ago.