UW-Madison Fall 2016 Decisions

Hello all! I thought this would be a
great way for all of us seniors to share our stats, questions, and decisions
regarding freshman admissions to
UW-Madison! Feel free to add any
thoughts or information you would like to share!

I applied on September 10th and
received a notification this week that
all my materials were received!

• 3.821 Unweighted GPA
  • 27 ACT
  • 8 AP classes
  • From Minnesota

I hope to be accepted outright without being postponed!!

I also just got a notification saying all my materials were received!
3.8 unweighted
27 act as well
From Colorado
And multiple extra curriculars including national honor society

On my UW portal, it says the notifications they have sent me are is an email of application acknowledgement. Is this what you guys mean? Or did you get an additional email? (you can check the emails in the student center notification section)

No, it didn’t come by email. Check your UW portal and go to the student center. A paragraph of information should describe the status of your application. For me, the paragraph told me that all my materials had been received and I should expect an email notification when a decision on my application has been made.

Has anyone heard back with a decision yet?

Is that the one that says you will be part of the first round of decisions?

I applied to Madison on September 1st, the first day you could submit the application. My status bar on my UW updated to say that all the required materials have been received about a week later. It is my top choice school!
Here are my stats:
3.69 UW GPA with 5 AP classes
25 on the ACT, but I retook it on October 24 and haven’t received my score yet
One rec letter, and I thought my essays were pretty good with an unconventional topic on one of the essays
I don’t have a lot of EC but I did key club sophomore and senior year, volunteering many times since then. I’ve also worked at a daycare since junior year, devoting 12.5 hours per week to it.
I am from Minnesota
I am expecting a rejection or a waitlist/deferral, which would be a huge disappointment for me, but I’ve already been accepted into 2 schools, so I’m not too worried.

It’s good you have a realistic attitude and other acceptances.

When do you think we should hear back if we applied in early September? I was thinking maybe between Thanksgiving and Christmas but idk…

I applied about 3 weeks ago.
UWGPA: 3.5
ACT: 33
From Maryland
A bunch of ECs

My daughter and I visited UW-Madison last month. After the information session I asked the admissions representative point blank: “When is the earliest we will know?” She told me that if all your required material has been accepted, the earliest you will get a decision is around December 5th. She told me that they send out the notifications in batches and that is when the first batch of notifications will be sent. We visited on October 7th. My daughter applied the day the application became available and all her materials were recieved.

Good luck to all.

I sent in my first quarter grades this last week (5 A’s and an A-)… Hopefully that will be enough for an acceptance without being postponed!

When did you submit your application?

@Madison85 how much do they weight first quarter senior grades? Mine were aboslutely phenomenal (All A’s and A+'s with 3 AP classes) my weighted GPA for this quarter is a 4.7. Strong progression I went from a 3.7, to a 3.83, 4.12, and now a high 4’s how much will this help me?

It can only help! Keep up the good work!

My application was submitted on the 10th of September.

Okay! Were you notified via email? Or was it under notifications on the my uw page? Also what does your current application status say?

I was notified on the My UW page and just states that my application will be evaluated during the first notification period.

UW GPA: 3.3
ACT: 29
5 AP classes
In-state
EC: three time varsity captain, 8 time letter winner, 3 sport athlete, President of 2 Clubs, officer of another, very involved

Worried about my GPA to say the least, good luck to you all!

Do internationals get notified later?