Vanderbilt Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Believe me… they won’t even bothered if you were not under real consideration. Be positive and prepare yourself to shine during the interview.

5 Likes

March 29 RD release date, 6 pm EDT.

1 Like

Not sure how reputable that is. For example, it lists Washington and Lee as April 1st but they emailed saying it’s this Friday!

1 Like

It’s last year’s release date.

2 Likes

The date seems to make sense. My prediction has been Monday based on last year but Tuesday would make just as much sense. Pretty much any day before Ivy Day next week is logical.

1 Like

Right. There’s no reason to think the people who run that website have better information than we do. Unless they have a contact at all those schools who’s willing to give them information that hasn’t been released publicly, then they’re working with the same information we are. And there’s a whole lot of people here sharing information, so…

2 Likes

two things

1. did you have to request/ask for an interview or did they just email applicants?
  2. if you don’t get an interview, does that mean you’re out of the running/not a consideration?

this is my dream school but i’m not expecting anything, i just want to prepare myself

1. there was a form on the portal that you had to fill out in order to request an interview
  2. No, this does not take you out of the running, interviews are given based on availability in one’s area, not the strength of the application. And even if you didn’t request one, they will not hold it against you.

Hope this helps :heart:

2 Likes
  1. There was a form on the portal to request
  2. While technically it does not take you out of the running, remember that one of the criteria that many top schools consider is personal qualities and “talent/ability”. While much of this can come from your essays or recs, confirming/enhancing these categories through an interview is always beneficial. So while it doesn’t necessarily/officially hurt your application, having an interview could work in your favor.
1 Like

clearly the interview doesnt mean much since I was just contacted by my interviewer with time slots for next week…after the decisions come out.

3 Likes

thank you sm!

will vanderbilt send out an email or make a post regarding when the decisions will be coming out?

There has been no announcement of a decision date yet. So, although everybody is speculating Monday based on previous years (me included), that is not definite. Based on the previous 5 years data, Emory should have released yesterday. They did not and they have not announced a date yet. So, do not assume Monday is the decision date and definitely sign up for the interview in the earliest slot.

3 Likes

Emory has announced a date. 6 pm EDT today. 3/24.

Where did you see this announcement? We did not get an email nor can I see it on their twitter.

Checking… I apologize but I could be wrong.

Any updates? Is release date for sure today?

My bad…posted earlier response in wrong school thread. :joy:

1 Like

Huh?

where did you see this?