Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

The Cv rejection email said the admissions review process for the Class of 2025 is still ongoing and decisions will be released by April 1sr.

1 Like

So with 2,907 students being admitted and just less than 300 full-tuition scholarships being given out, isn’t it crazy to think that literally 10% of Vanderbilt students are offered a full-tuition scholarship? But I honestly really respect Vandy for that we need more schools like this!

1 Like

well, not everyone who gets the scholarship goes

True true but I imagine that the number of students who get the scholarship and don’t go is relatively proportional to the number of students who don’t get the scholarship and don’t go. So either way the % is quite high

fyi: As far as campus visits planning goes, be aware:
Vanderbilt’s 2020 Graduation Ceremonies (postponed due to Covid last year) are now scheduled to be live May 1-2.
Final Exams May 3-10.
Vanderbilt’s 2021 Graduation Ceremonies are now scheduled to be live May 15-16.

3 Likes

Anyone else not get a CV rejection or acceptance yet?

2 Likes

Anyone else not able to log into their portal? I am currently getting this message “The page you have requested is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.”

2 Likes

Nevermind, it is back up now

I forgot to post but rejected from CV scholarship on Saturday by email

Very impressive considering Purdue only gives out 100 full tuition scholarships and they have 10,000 per class so that is 1%

1 Like

Hello, guys! I got the CV scholarship

4 Likes

When were you notified?

March 5

1 Like

Congrats!

Below middle SAT/ACT cannot be correct for admitted students can it? Maybe for full ride recipents.?

"Regular Decision applications: 32,376

Admitted: 2,907

Admit Rate: 9.0%

Percent of students in the top ten percent of their graduating class: 96%*

SAT Middle 50% Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 740-780

SAT Middle 50% Math: 770-800

ACT Middle 50%: 34-36"

That link actually says nothing about the full-tuition scholarships so I think it is referring to the admitted or enrolled class. Still, I agree the numbers seem a tad high but that is likely because many students choose to go test-optional so naturally the scores that are counted are going to be the higher ones. Also schools like to do whatever they can to make those numbers sound bigger than what they really might be. Here is an interesting blog post on how to interpret the score range (granted it is from 2010, I think the message is still applicable):

1 Like

Pandeby, understood, but I’ve never seen it go 36 for top 25%, and this was for class of 2024 - was it test optional last year? Whatever, D got in but did not get merit, so it will be hard to attend, unfortunately.

Any International students here who got CV scholarship?

I agree, the numbers sound unbelievable and I don’t know what to believe but I also have read that Vanderbilt specifically really likes high-stat applicants so maybe that’s the reason for it. Also I do not think that the class of 2024 was test-optional actually so I guess that wasn’t a factor :man_shrugging:. Congrats to your D!!

Thank you, but will not attend, though will wait till financial info comes in. Good luck to everyone!

1 Like