Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

did anyone get a call from Nashville today? I missed a call from there today that I can’t seem to dial back.

Fingers crossed for you!!!

Interesting what you said about them generally liking high stats applicants because usually the kids that get into Vanderbilt from our school are not the highest stats applicants. That has always been one of the things that people know why they have a chance there because Vanderbilt looks at so many other factors. This year 2 kids out of about 10 got in ED and neither are the top of the class. It will be interesting to see what happens with RD but kids from our school have always had a love fest with Vanderbilt, especially in recent years.

Is your HS in Nashville? They must be giving preference to local students!

No Chicago

2 Likes

Oh that’s interesting; I really don’t know too much about it I just recall seeing that Vanderbilt prefers high-stat applicants a few times floating around reddit/google but who knows why people think that and how accurate it really is. I agree that Vanderbilt takes a pretty holistic approach and theres so many different factors that go into a decision it’s impossible to tell what makes or breaks your application.

anyone have predictions on decisions release date?

I think the prediction is March 26th

4 Likes

Does anyone know how many people in the past have gotten in RD without an interview? I’m getting really nervous that I haven’t been offered one.

in an email a while back from Vanderbilt on the interview: “Please know this is a random selection process and is not predicated on the strength of your application”.

5 Likes

I really don’t think interviews make any difference for Vandy. My S19 got into Vanderbilt, Brown, and Emory without interviews but was wait listed at equally competitive schools where he had great interviews.

6 Likes

I don’t think interview matter
My daughter did not get an interview but was accepted with a scholarship

1 Like

Curious to know which school your son attended and could you share why he chose the school he did? Mine has been admitted to Emory and is waiting on Vanderbilt decision.

He attends Vanderbilt. It was the best fit, offered great financial aid, and Nashville is super fun! He’s very happy with his decision. Good luck to your son!

4 Likes

Is the portal down for anyone else?

mine is up

mine is down too

mine was down for a quick minute and when I checked back again it’s back up

oh wait now mine is- do u think theyre updating something?

mine is gone again! yea could be :eyes: