Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Wait how would they be today?

There is no longer the option to upload SAT/ACT score reports on mine.

The wait for a decision at Vandy has been nothing compared to our wait to get an appointment to the USAFA. It has been a patience building exercise for sure. Hopeful we will have choices.

2 Likes

MOSAIC and Cornelius Vanderbilt scholar here, we were able to meet with the AOs and the financial aid office, both of which said they’ll release results just before April 1st. As for the acceptance rates, the director of admissions said they accepted 1600 students and 420 transfers out of 47100 applicants for regular decision, the most competitive year thus far.

Good luck to everyone in the coming weeks!

1 Like

Wait 1600 TOTAL for RD? Or just for Mosaic/CV?

Total for RD. He didn’t really specify, so we think those figures might just be target numbers for enrollment and more were actually admitted (fingers crossed).

Yeah I’d highly doubt them accepting only 1600 total for RD-- that would be a <3% acceptance rate.

2 Likes

1600 is the number of freshmen they aim for each year.

1 Like

That is proven true across many sources.

Is there a chance it is 47,100 total? There were about 5,000 Early Decision (combining ED 1 and ED 2). So that would make it 42,000 RD?

Congrats on Mosaic and scholarship. I do not want to pressure you but maybe try to go back and clarify the info (if you can) bc I feel like a lot of people are panicking right now lol. If not no problem.

5 Likes

It would make sense that it’s 47,100 total. The admissions director was quite brief about the statistics, so things aren’t that clear to us either. We believe that RD enrollment target is 1600 new students and 420 transfers and that 47,100 is RD + ED. Nevertheless, these numbers are quite astounding.

1 Like

Also have to consider yield. Last year, 3,000 were accepted.

1 Like

That’s a boatload of transfers. Geez. I wonder why

1 Like

Yes true. Almost 4,000 were accepted total last year but this year they did not accept any less Early Decision kids. I feel ike if they wanted less kids overall they would take less kids in Early Decision and Regular Decision.

1 Like

To offer more upper level course variety for its size, Vanderbilt has a healthy sized sophomore transfer class. For those not accepted in RD, but still really keen to attend Vanderbilt, I highly suggest the student obtain a > 3.8 GPA freshman first semester and try to transfer.

So is Vanderbilt’s senior graduating class always much bigger than the freshman class?

Just walked through the campus and fell in love even more, hoping for good news this week!

Are decisions releasing this friday?

Not that we know of. Vanderbilt usually sends an email the day before they release decisions.