Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I’m curious how would you compare Vandy/ND community versus the WashU community? Good luck this evening!

And 6.7% includes ED. The RD % is even lower.

2 Likes

That’s the way I have been looking at it. Brown/ PLME and Vanderbilt have been my two top choices. I was afraid to apply ED since I can’t afford either without good aid so I’d didn’t want to put myself or my mom in a position where we couldn’t afford it.
God definitely will put us where we need to be. Which is what I have been remembering whenever I get rejected and/or accepted anywhere!

3 Likes

I think Vandy RD acceptance rate has been close to 5 percent for a while. Overall acceptance rate hovers around 8 percent and that includes a lot of ED candidates.

Not sure what kind of kids they will take in RD this time but they do utilize their WL so I would take a spot if offered.

1 Like

I get confused with the “admissions” statistic: is 3162 the number of acceptances they have offered? Or is that the number of incoming freshman who (they presume?) will ultimately commit?

So are you saying kids that had zero chance to take a test because of state lockdowns (pretty much the west coast) would automatically not score as high as a kid (your child I assume) that did take a test? Easy partner

2 Likes

It sounded to me that he/she was saying quite the opposite…the field has somewhat been leveled and it brings into question if standardized test will be needed moving forward.

2 Likes

Do I realistically have a chance with a major in chemistry, 8 APs, 4.45/4.0. Test optional? I studied abroad for 4 weeks in Spain also

My son also applied to these 3. We self toured Vandy, so can’t completely speak to it. He’s accepted at ND, loves the big sports, dorm culture and school spirit. On those fronts I think ND wins. He likes WashU, but lacking the sports and school spirit element he was seeking.

1 Like

What time is the decision coming ?

Almost 40 percent without test scores admitted?! Wow. That is among the highest percentages I have seen.

1 Like

After 5 PM CST.

ND and Vandy are both division 1 for sports. WashU is division III. He plays 3 varisity sports so being a part of the whole “pomp and circumstance” of sporting events is a nice way for him to take a break from academics. WashU is heavily STEM with amazing research, not to say the others aren’t. He is a physics/pre-med major and likes the opportunities WashU offers. ND does not have a greek life which makes my son feel right at home. There community is an amazing fit for my son. I feel like ND and Vandy are very similar except for the weather.

1 Like

I couldn’t have said it better. My son is writing a LOCI and we will be hoping for the best. Congrats to your son and many blessings along his journey.

2 Likes

That makes total sense. Sports and school spirit can be huge for potential students. My D has been accepted to USC and WashU, so yeah…total opposites. I feel like Vandy can give the same feel as WashU with the additional Big 5 sports conference vibe.

No common data set available for last year but, in 2019-20, they took 859 kids in ED out of 4321 applicants. That left only about 750 spots for RD and they took about 3550 in RD. About 33,000 kids applied RD in that year so I was wrong and that acceptance rate was about ten percent.

If they only accepted 3100 kids this year (according to that post,) then they are being more careful and should be going to WL even sooner.

2 Likes

Praying for a waitlist.

4 Likes

Yes… us too. Although would prefer acceptance :wink:

3 Likes

Feel your pain. I did not ED because afraid not good financial aid. Now we are on the same boat. Wish both of us good luck.

1 Like

Those are acceptances. Incoming class is typically ~1,600.