Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hoping it’s good news for you! Seems like our kids have applied to many of the same schools.

1 Like

Best wishes to your son! My son added a letter to his application about a significant community service award and I think that could have made the difference at ND. ND seems focused on leadership and service, so maybe focus on those in LOCI?

Thank you! Any advice is helpful.

1 Like

3162 is the number of students offered admission. With an ~50% accept rate, the enrolled/accept is ~1700. Hope this helps and all the BEST today!

2 Likes

Really good point about the WL. Think this year, with the significant increase in the number of applicants (and students applying to more schools than in the prior years), it appears that the WL will play a major role in admissions. If you’re really serious about a certain school and are waitlisted, do your very best to show positive interest and get off of the WL and begin chasing your dreams!

5 Likes

I mean, by definition kids who scored a 36ACT or 1600 SAT did better than 99% of their peers. So not automatically, but quite likely. No offense intended. Sorry if it came off that way.

1 Like

off topic here but can someone tell me if i’ve applied for fall 2021 and if im rejected from a college can i apply to spring 2021. A spring 2021 application should be for January 2022 right?

Yes, @Vadaddy that is what I was trying to say, esp the question of whether they will continue requiring them – I think for sure no. But we’ll see!

1 Like

I don’t think so but it would never hurt to call and ask. I have a niece who applied to Villanova fall 2020 was rejected. She took a gap year due to covid, applied for fall 2021 and was accepted ED. The difference was TO and applying ED gave her an increased chance.

Totally, agree. After being placed on multiple waitlists, it’s frustrating that the game now requires the emotional energy of writing the equivalent of five more “Why Vandy” essays. Colleges have to know that the same pool of highly-qualified students all really, really want to get off the waitlist. I’m suggesting everyone write a Haiku.

2 Likes

what i dont understand are these intakes. i know that fall 2021 means this august but what does 2021 spring mean? is it this January or next January?

Once you login, it will show a text saying congratulations, then the whole congrats page will appear. I don’t know what the rejection thing will look like.

Totally agree… but how else would they pick the ones who truly want to attend. They have some who applied to 30 plus.

I can simply say that the odds are against my favor. Do you think the going test optional would be a bad idea for a prospective Blair student?

I think they will lean on demonstrated interest and prior history with the student’s high school at least for the kids who get admitted today. They are very into having a high yield and will likely try to predict who will actually enroll when figuring out who will accept an RD offer.

Part of my point is that the application fee and the hours spent on the original application was the demonstration of interest. Every school had one or more unique essays about why my student really wanted to go there more than anywhere else. We all want the most choices. After April 6, some people won’t check the waitlist box. My student probably will because of all the effort put in to date to have choices.

okay so is this a normal thing lol: apparently at 10 AM I got an email with the subject line “Financial Aid Award,Vanderbilt University”. The first sentence is “An updated Financial Aid Award has been completed or revised for you. Please visit your MyAppVU account, click on the Financial Aid tab. You can still view your initial award by clicking on the PDF link.” The Financial Aid tab is hyperlinked to MyAppVU. I went to the Financial Aid tab in MyAppVU and nothing is showing up outside my FAFSA and CSS Profile that have been there since I applied. And as far as I know lol I had no “initial award”.

1 Like

Here’s a poll you can use for when decisions come out. Good luck everyone!

seems to be a positive sign

1 Like

I see what you are saying but with really elite schools like Vanderbilt chances are already slim to none of getting in no matter how smart you are. So test-optional just makes it more slim to none I feel like. Overall, as I said, I feel like it makes no difference because again chances were already slim to none.

1 Like