Vanderbilt Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

waitlisted

Waitlisted! Pleasantly surprised to be honest. What do we think the RD acceptance rate was?

it was 5.3 I did the math

2 Likes

yes that is correct

1 Like

Waitlisted

Rejected, was unable to access the events earlier.

1 Like

What do we do off the waitlist? Do we send them updates or new grades? Do we also send an email to someone? This is my first waitlist if that wasn’t obvious.

what are the top contenders? I have seen u on multiple forums -seems like your senior has some fabulous options!

Waitlisted for my son… all top 3 waitlisted and accepted to Carnegie Mellon and Case Western. He will stay on waitlist for Notre Dame and Vandy. Who knows maybe UPenn will be acceptance.

1 Like

accepted test-optional! was able to see admitted students event as of the night of march 24th

2 Likes

Don’t totally take my word for it. I am just sharing what I know from daughter’s experience 2 years ago. Vanderbilt has an unique waitlist system. They divided waitlisted students into 4 regions. If some admitted kids decided not go, they get waitlisted kids off from the same region. Some even said from same high school( not sure for this part). A lot of kids from our high school admitted to Vandy normally don’t attend. So that year 7 kids who continue to wait got off waitlist to attend Vandy. Your chance to get off waiting list depends on how many admitted kids take up the offer in your region. Personally, I like this waitlist system. It seems to be a good way to ensure a student body the consists their desired geographical profile.

2 Likes

Accepted! Homeschool student, applied w/ACT + 3 SAT Subject Tests, from WV. My mom went to Vandy for one semester on a fullride but hated it so she transferred out lol so I kinda doubt that counts as legacy. Didn’t check the admitted events link but I got a financial aid update email this morning.

2 Likes

Accepted but I need more financial help to attend. Need to figure out the next steps

2 Likes

accepted, could sign up for admitted students events

1 Like

Well the other student from my son’s school admitted got a full ride at Vandy and JHU so I will cross my fingers that he chooses JHU. Thank you for the insight.

1 Like

yeah basically same. also most other colleges have offered me $2Kish in work study but they didn’t ? which is weird to me

Yeah PSU is my best offer rn because of finances

1 Like

Congrats!

1 Like

edit: wrong university

1 Like