Virginia Tech 2023 Essays

Anyone having trouble with the 120 word limit on those detailed essay questions??

Very difficult to write an ‘essay’ with a 120 word limit. You should think of them as responses and not as essays. Do your best to answer the question in 200 words or less. Then ask an English teacher to recommend places to cut words.

Good luck!

I thought these short-answer questions would be quite easy, but it was surprisingly difficult to form a good response with a 120 word limit.

Its very difficult - and after my son kept cutting words we noticed after he had submitted a couple inconsistencies in tense. Hopefully they aren’t too hard on his essay grade.

The short essays were ridiculous. I don’t know why tech did this. My son is a great writer but it was extremely difficult to put any good information in those essays.

Fortunately the short essays ended up giving my son an opportunity to work in more aspects of who he is and actually gave VT a better feel for his strengths. But yes, I agree that with 120 words they can’t go in-depth and respond to each question within the overal lengthy questions. I think those questions they ask need to be streamlined,
Good luck to everyone next week!!!

120 word essays and no place to add any additional info/extenuating circumstances. ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

The application was rather rough this year imo